Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Addison's Precious Heart

Sarah's (www.inthemidstofit.blogspot.com) daughter Addison is having heart surgery tomorrow. I was thinking of Addison, her tiny frame and sweet, precious little heart and Psalms 139 came to mind.

Addison needs her heart repaired, but God knew this all along, even when Sarah was carrying her under her own heart.

God is sovereign and He is Love. And, I am confident that He will hold sweet Addison in His Arms tomorrow. And when she wakes up from her surgery, God will still be with her.

Psalms 139:13-18 (NIV)

"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake, I am still with you."

3 comments:

Lori said...

I am prayinging. I wanted to respond to your "email" you sent me

I could of said the same things myself. Sometimes I get frustrated in how much he DOES NOT worry =)) But God knew what he was doing putting my hubby and I together, it balances me out =)

Thank you for your words of wisdom and thanks for visiting.

Now I am going to spend the day putting Addison before the Lord, today is her day!!

Susanne said...

Praying for that precious baby and her family. I love that Psalm. How calming to read and let the Word of God wash over me. Thanks Melanie!

Tammy said...

I've been praying too throughout my day.
y four year old had to have cavities fixed today and of course I prayed things would go smoothly...but then I was reminded of the severity of what little Addison is going through on this day...and you can believe I prayed for her, too. I've been wondering how things went all evening.

Thank you for reminding everyone. And yes...He really did form us and love us from before we were born...