Tuesday, February 21, 2012

On the menu: Sunshine and Tacos

Yesterday was pretty much the first day I have seen a cloud-free sky.  Hello, Florida, The Sunshine State.  We've had rain and cold and rain and cold and more rain.  It is nice to finally see the sun.
However, I can't really see the sun as well as I would like because my eye is killing me. It is all red and painful.  I'm pretty sure it is conjunctivitis also known as pinkeye.  Mine is allergy induced, so I am trying to wait it out before going to the doctor.  I am allergic to hay, so my guess is that I rubbed my eye while at the barn over the weekend during Daughter's horseback lessons.

Good times.

Later today I have to grab a few groceries and run some errands. I need new ideas for dinner. My poor family is probably tired of baked chicken, roast, and tacos. Sometimes I spice things up and make spaghetti. I know! I am such the Iron Chef.

So, any ideas out there for family dinners?  Any great recipe sites that you love?  I am open to some new menu items.  Can't wait to hear!

Edited to add: The good news is that I started this post on yesterday and since then my eye is better. I am happy because vision has always been helpful when one is trying to blog.

3 comments:

poofandmook said...

one of our new favorites is to take some boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small-ish cubes, and toss em in a big ole pan with a little oil, salt, and pepper. Throw in an onion chopped up and cook until the onions get soft. Then throw in a handful or two of sun dried tomatoes, and three wedges of Laughing Cow swiss. Melt the cheese as you stir it all around, adding chicken stock [or pasta water from the bowties you're boiling in another pot] to smooth out the sauce... then toss the pasta in with the chicken mixture. Top with a little grated parm. Deeeelicious.

Susanne said...

Glad to hear your eye is better. That is a pain when it happens.

My go-to site for recipes is allrecipes.com I'm in a bit of a rut myself. Not motivated at all lately to cook.

Anonymous said...

Another chicken breast/bow tie recipe: Cooked cubed chicken breasts (about two large or three medium) in olive oil with a teaspoon (or to taste - I use a little more) of chili paste. Be careful breathing the fumes! Meanwhile, boil bow tie pasta. When chicken and pasta are done, drain bow ties and add chicken breasts, 6 to 8 tablespoons of prepared pesto, and 1/2 cup Parmesan. Mix and serve. Delish!