* Photo courtesy of Reuters
Merry Christmas to All of You!
Jesus is the gift. You are the reason!
1. Put candles in the freezer to lengthen burn time.
2. Busy holidays and lots of cooking: If you are going to miss a trash pick-up day because of the holiday or if you will be out of town, put those yucky food scraps in a freezer bag, label it, and put it in the freezer. Make yourself a note to toss in the garbage when it is time for trash pick-up. This is also helpful during the Summer months when you have icky meat scraps and a few days to wait for trash pick-up.
3. Having a party and out of space in the frig.? Did you know that you can pour bags of ice in your washing machine, then ice down drinks?! When the ice melts and the party is over, just put the washer on spin cycle to remove the water. Just make sure you take out all of those cans of Coke first. :>)
4. Save orange or lemon peels. Freeze them in a ziplock bag. Toss one down the garbage disposal to freshen it. Smells great!
5. Pedialyte makes a tasty popsicle for when your child has been sick. A lot easier to give to a very sick child. Make sure you label them. You don't want to give Pedialyte to a child who is not dehydrated or sick, mistaking them for a regular popsicle.
6. I keep Caladryl lotion in the frig. The cold feels good to any itchy bug bites or rash.
This is what happens when you forget to defrost the window of your car while in Antarctica. Don't ask me what kind of car would actually run in Antarctica, but I am pretty sure, whatever it is, it has some pretty awesome antifreeze invented by NASA.
The morning gargle. AGGGLLLLAAAALLALAAGH!!!
I call this shot "Two Men and A Fish Cooker"
This is what you do for Thanksgiving in Antarctica. Peanut Oil, Meat, and an Iceberg. Let the good times roll.
"Honey, can you pass me the rolls and hand warmers, please? I can't feel my thumbs."
The downside of booking with a discount travel agency.
"But, the brochure said it was a room with a view.."
At the end of the trip, everyone gathered 'round and sang Kum Ba Yah, but someone forgot to start the campfire and half of the group fell dead from hypothermia. A tragic ending to an otherwise upbeat vacation.
*All photos courtesy of smart scientists, cold people I never met, and a really cute penguin.