Monday, August 27, 2012

Heavy Rain and Wind

My family is glued to The Weather Channel.

We're prepping for Mr. Isaac.  It looks like we will miss a direct hit, but they don't know exactly where it is headed, so we are getting prepared.  (A lesson Floridians learn after they've lived here for a while.)

I'm stocked up on water, gasoline, and food items we don't normally eat unless faced with catostrophic weather.  (I am convinced Hubs secretly likes preparing for storms so he can buy beef jerky.)

I'll check in from time to time to give y'all updates, as long as we have power.  For now, we are almost all boarded up with our hurricane shutters, I have all of our special keepsakes set aside to take with us if we need to leave (or if the roof leaks and they need to go in plastic bags,) and I have almost all of my errands complete. Better safe, than sorry.

All kidding aside, let's keep the folks in the path of the storm in our prayers.

Thanks, y'all! 

2 comments:

The Bug said...

Hope you guys are doing ok! One time I tried to figure out what I would grab in an emergency but after I had filled up an imaginary u-haul I quit...

Susanne said...

Checking in to see if your doing okay. Praying all is well.