Here are my favorites for the week.
And since I'm in a blogging and writing funk, let me say how grateful I am for the list form.
1. Watching Hubs watch the World Cup- Notice I didn't say watching the World Cup with Hubs, although I have been in the room and looked at the TV (as my grandparents would say.) Since I know pretty much nothing about soccer, I won't even pretend that I watched it with him. It would be like him saying he went with me shopping for fancy linens.
However, I'm learnin.'
A few things I have learned.
South African horns sound like a swarm of angry bees.
Soccer games have momentum. None of this standing there and tapping the plate or calling time-outs constantly.
Three goals total is a serious high score. For good reason.
Have you noticed all the running and kicking?
2. Upgrading the satellite- Hubs only watches the World Cup. He doesn't really watch any other sports. So that means he only needs a sports channel every four years. (Yes, I am blessed, ladies.)
We upgraded our satellite package so Hubs could watch any and every World Cup game he wants. We have ESPN 1, 2, and 2 1/2, which is only on 12 hours instead of the usual 24. Oh, I kid.
The upside of the upgrade is that now I get to watch all the home shows. However, the package that has my favorite home improvement networks also includes some yucky, not-so-family-friendly networks. At the end of World Cup, we are going to downgrade to our old, boring, less scary package.
In the meantime, I'm watching HGTV as much as Hubs watches soccer while flipping right past MTV.
And may I just say that it used to be about the music, man.
3. Summer- Yesterday Daughter and I went to Chili's for lunch for absolutely no reason at all, except that we wanted to.
You just can't do that during school.
4. Sonic's Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade- yummy and refreshing
5. This post by the Carpool Queen. You won't believe what she and her mom got for the low, low price of $9.95.
See Susanne for more great Faves. Have a great weekend and Father's Day!