Saturday, November 13, 2010

Blowing The Dust Off

I nearly forgot my password to blogger. It's been that long.

Things got a little nuts around SmallTown.  Our new pup ran a fever for a day, nearly scared us to death, and then ended up being perfectly fine.  I think I lost a few brain cells and perhaps have a new bald spot, but other than that, we're good.

Other than near nervous breakdowns, other things have kept us busy.

This week we have worked on Daughter's science fair project.  She has tested which microwave popcorn brand pops best.  Our house smelled like popcorn for two days.  I lit one of my fall candles and then it just smelled like pumpkin popcorn.  That had burned.  Badly.

Speaking of pumpkins, we carved one for Halloween, put it on the porch, and left it. A WEEK LATER I walked out the front door (which we never use) and saw our sad little pumpkin melting and molding away like a really bad science fair project.  His crooked smile had turned to a painful frown and his eyes were weeping in ways that vegetables tend to do when they are left outside to decay for days and days.

I scooped him up, put him in a garbage bag, and respectfully tossed him in the trash.  It was quite tragic.  Then I bleached the porch. The smell of bleach is so welcoming when you enter a home.

As you can see, even though I haven't posted in a sweet forever, you haven't missed that much.

You're welcome.

Happy Weekend!

5 comments:

Roxanne said...

But we MISSED you. . .

Susanne said...

Yes, we have missed you! Glad to hear the new pup was ok!

Carpool Queen said...

Thanks for reminding me that tomorrow's trash day and I need to sweet talk my husband into picking up the rotting pumpkins and dispose of them.

I'm sure my neighbors will breathe a sigh of relief.

Omer said...

Great post, loved reading it.

Omer

Erin said...

I think microwave popcorn is one of the strongest smells in the world.