Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Random Dozen: Seven

Thanks again, Linda for the random dozen. Good stuff.


I am especially lovin' this list. The title alone reminded me of a Seinfeld episode.

*Anyone remember George Costanza's favorite name?



1. I've always wondered why we were taught both printing and cursive. Do you prefer to print or write cursive? (Keyboard is not a choice.)

Cursive. It is smoother and faster.

2. Are you a dreamer or a realist?

I am a painful realist. This is why I'd rather watch a "love story" with a tragic ending rather than a "romance" with a sappy one. I like to cry. Weird. Staying steeped in reality helps you to truly appreciate the good that comes in life.

Okay, 'nough deep stuff. Let's move on...

3. Billy Joel or Elton John?

Elton John

He is one of the fewest artists I would pay to see.

Billy looks like he's trying too hard.

Some Fav Elton tunes-
Rocket Man
The One (See link below)
Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
I'm Still Standin'

Not-so-Fav-
Candle In The Wind
(overplayed after Princess Di)

4. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Not limited to horror flicks but also includes ones where the tension or suspense is killer, for example, Flightplan (2005): A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plan.

I think the scariest movie has suspense and not yucky stuff. It takes a lot more creativity to write suspense. Any middle school kid can write a script with blood and guts.

So, what movie...

Parts of Sleeping With The Enemy made me jump. It wasn't really scary, but I couldn't tell when the jerk was going to show up and organize the pantry.


Rear Window- Even though I know how it ends, I still love to squeal a little. Classic. You have to watch it in the dark.

5. Now what is the scariest real-life moment you've had?

A semi truck side-swiped my little Toyota Paseo on the driver's side. (I was the driver.) It scared me to death, but I managed to safely pull over to the side of the road before I totally freaked out.

Hubs and I were okay. No injuries. They never found the driver. Grrrrrr...

After that, I had panic attacks on the highway if a semi pulled alongside us. Now I'm over it.

6. What word do you misspell without fail?

I mistype/transpose "ie" words a lot.

I ALWAYS have to look up broccoli. (Just did.)

7. Name something you like to do but are not really talented or good at.

Oddly, if I am not good at something I lose interest quickly. So this was a tough one for me.

I wish I was a lot better at photography.

8. Do you get your emotional/mental batteries recharged by being around people or by having alone time?

Being around other people. It depends on the people, though. Some people make me wish I'd just stayed home. Nice, huh?

I'm a realist.

9. Have you ever been on TV?

Why? What did you see?!

Kidding.

No.

10. Apple or pumpkin pie? (Don't be greedy.)

Do I have ice cream? Apple.

But I'd rather have pecan.

11. How many magazine subscriptions do you have?

One- Paula Deen

12. What lesson do you have to keep re-learning?

Time management. Thus, the reason I have not been blogging as much lately.


*Seven. Mickey Mantle's number. I liked Soda better. If you're lost, then you must not have watched as much Seinfeld as I have. You are probably also a great time manager.

** Edited to add-
This video is for Hubs.

The Elton John question made me a little sappy.
Thanks for being All I Ever Needed.
No shadows block the sun.

5 comments:

Joyce said...

Oh I'd forgotten about Sleeping with the Enemy...creepy!

I've apparently seen alot of Seinfeld : )

Anonymous said...

But the name George liked to use as an alias was Art Vandelay!

Susanne said...

I have never watched one single solitary episode of Seinfeld. We still friends? ;v)

Your answer of Rear Window made me think of the Secret Window. That was pretty scary.

Grace said...

I before e
except after c
or when sounded like a
as in neighbor and weigh
and on weekends and holidays
and all throughout May
and you'll always be wrong
no matter what you say
-Brian Regan

Hang on, I'll go find it on youtube and post the link.
Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx1Ze493fjM&feature=related the whole thing is funny but the relevant bit is at 1:16.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I declare. A bit of a sentimental side of you emerged in this post.

I know a boy named "Seven." Seriously.

Rear Window is awesome.

Thanks for playing this week. Have a great weekend.