Tuesday, December 08, 2009

It's kickin' up the sand.

Thanks to all of you for your birthday wishes! I love my blog peeps.

Last night I remembered that I had not gotten the mail. It was after 9:00. I put on my puffy coat and ventured down the street to the mailboxes. I really miss having a mailbox right in front of my house. Not just for the location, but there's something homey and welcoming about a cute mailbox out front.

I walked outside and was overcome with fog. It was dark and dreary, and I could barely see down our street. Plus, it was freezing. By the time I got back to the house, the fog had frozen to my face. Weird.

Then, this morning we woke up to an ice storm. It looked like a winter wonderland outside, all purty and splendid but with the potential for deadly car crashes and annoying power outages. Fortunately, I made it to Bible Study without a car crash and our power stayed on. (My hair appreciates that.)

The sun is shining now, but there is a serious wind which could get up to 50 knots. I'm not good at equivalents, but I know that 50 knots is more than 50 mph, and hello, 50 mph! (I totally understood "more than" and "less than" in math. That little alligator mouth analogy just made it so clear.)

So, in honor of our treacherous weather and the little alligator, I give the following link to a clip from Mighty Wind (shout out to Linda) which has nothing to do with wind but everything to do with all things funny.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go do my work.

Click here to watch The New Main Street Singers, Mitch and Mickey and The Folksmen.

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

We own the soundtrack. . .truly. We do. And THAT is why you and I are friends for real and for true.

Melanie said...

We are having a lot of rain and it is 35 degrees. This southern girl is NOT liking the weather. The high on Thursday is going to be 25 degrees. I am staying inside. LOL

I went and got my hair colored for the first time up here and I cut 3 inches off. I walked out about $99 poorer. I just about fell over. In Florida, I was paying around $45. Yikes.

The Bug said...

Oh, I love love love this movie! Thanks for sharing the video - made my night.