Monday, December 28, 2009

Sightings in Smalltown

This year Hubs gave me a new cell phone for Christmas. I have always been a bit behind-the-times when it comes to technology. I usually don't go for the newest gadget just because it's new, and I always have to be convinced I need it.

Okay, so I'm still not convinced that I need it.

But my new phone is pretty cool.

Plus, Nancy will be happy to know that now when she texts me, I can text her back. Once I figure that out. And no, I am not ninety.

My old phone was fairly simple. I could dial (even my verbs are dated) and receive a text. I could send one as well, but I didn't have the little keypad like all the cool middle schoolers. Now I have a keypad and the ability to access the NET and take pictures.

Fancy.

It will all be quite nice once I've read the little instruction booklet.

Today I could have kicked myself for not reading it yet because, you will not believe what I saw in SmallTown today.

Daughter and I pulled into Hobby Lobby and there at the end of the parking lot, near the intersection was the strangest sight.

A camel.

Yes, a camel. There with the camel was a man I assume was his (or her?) owner, along with a pick-up truck and a trailer. People were lining up to put their small offspring on said camel for who knows what amount of money.

It was then that I wished I could use my new fancy phone and take a picture for y'all.

Drat.

Or should I say, "Dromedary?"

8 comments:

Catherine said...

Forget the camel -- you have a Hobby Lobby!! I am soooo jealous!

Susanne said...

LOL. How strange. That would have been blog fodder for sure. Now what I really would have been interested in was seeing a picture of YOU on that camel!

Carpool Queen said...

Are you getting snow???? That would freak out the camel.

And congrats on entering the digital age.

Anonymous said...

My Thomas got to ride a camel at Bordertown Day last year. His remark? "Smelly." In his defense, the camel did take him into a tree. Better luck next time.

Ranelle said...

Hobby Lobby must be the place for seeing weird things. We saw the Mystery Machine complete with gigantic stuffed Scooby in the front seat at our Hobby Lobby. My hubby took a picture just so people would believe us.

Melanie said...

A camel? Oh my! I am not a cellphone person either but my husband insist that I have one. I now like it. Got one with a keypad like a typewriter and I can text faster now. I can also log online and check my email or post on FB. I love it. I am going to get an IPod Touch since my son got one and I fell in love with it. I will be able to go online with that too. Welcome to all the wonderful technology that is out there:)

Roxanne said...

"or should I say Dromedary. . ."

*SNORT* Made me laugh.

Nancy Murphree Davis said...

Was that the first time you have seen the camel? It is there every month or so. I am thinking it is the one that lives out 21st across from the rock and firewood place.

I'll send you more texts now that you can text back. Tip: when driving dictate the texts to your DD. It's like having a PA. :)