Wednesday, August 23, 2006



What works for me is saving money. I was at Target today looking for some inexpensive jersey shorts for house cleaning, walking, or just running out to drop my kid off at school. I went to the Ladies' Active Wear Department to find something comfy and casual.

Most of what I found had at least 40 % of spandex or lycra. The only time I wear lycra on these hips is when I am wearing a shaping garment (formerly known as girdles) under a dress. And, most of the shorts were in the $12-15 range. I am sure they are cute for going to the gym. The rest of the shorts I found looked too much like men's briefs. This directed me to my best buy of the week-

I headed over to the Men's Active Wear Department and found some drawstring cotton jersey shorts for only $4.99. They are loose and comfortable, and affordable.

Now, that works for me! Blog on over to Shannon's for more tips.

3 comments:

Mama Duck said...

What a wonderful idea - I go to the girls section for a lot of things, being small ;). Have a great Wednesday - our WFMW tip is up as well!

Carol said...

How come men's stuff is always cheaper than women's? Is this another form of chauvinism? And they need less wardrobe variety than we do. It's just plain wrong!

(Great buy, by the way!)

PastormacsAnn said...

Amen to Carol's comment.

Great idea. My daughter and her friends shop in the boys dept. too.