Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Binky Fairy


This is not my idea. I took it from The Supernanny- one of my favorite shows. I saw this idea Monday night and immediately knew it would be my "Works for Me" for this week.

A little girl on the show was having a hard time giving up her pacifier. Supernanny helped the child put all of her "binkies" in a bag for the binky fairy. It seems the binky fairy needs pacifiers for little babies who don't have any. They hung the bag full of binkies on a tree outside. Overnight, the binky fairy came and collected the bag. The next morning, they found another bag in the tree- with a very special present.

The little girl was so excited! She had a new doll from the binky fairy.

I thought this was so clever and sweet! And I thought there was only a tooth fairy. ;>)

Visit Shannon for more tips.

8 comments:

Kelly Curtis said...

Brilliant! We gave my son's blankets to baby cousins that "needed them". Same reason.

My WFMW is about forts.

Home of Pass the Torch Tuesday

Big Mama said...

I wish I had read this a month ago...it's much cuter than duming them in the trash can!

Stephanie said...

I saw this one, too! I thought it was just the most brilliant way to get over the binky hurdle.

Anonymous said...

This is a brillant idea. I mean BRILLIANT. Will definately use this, thanks.

Nancy Murphree Davis said...

My daughter is very into fairies now. She could tell you that there are many different types and describe each one. I'll have to ask her about the binkie fairy; I haven't heard her mention that one!

Susanne said...

I saw that too! Great idea!

Rae said...

This is such a cute idea, I definitely have to keep it in mind!

Theresa said...

LOVE IT! With my 18 mos. old still using a binky this will come in handy very soon. And, love me some Supernanny! She rocks!