Saturday, November 11, 2006

Kar-a-TAY, Pirates, and David Hasselhoff

I think we need an intervention.

When my husband and I first married, we spent our Friday nights out to dinner or just tucked in at home watching a movie. We saved movies at the theatre for Saturday matinees because they were, ya know, a lot cheaper. We've never led the most exciting life together. Ok. I admit it. We're boring.

Now that we have a kid, our weekends are just chock full of excitement- Barbie scenarios, trips to the park, and begging, pleading, and gnashing of teeth to clean her room. We still take in a matinee, as long as it is rated G and animated.

Yesterday was the best day ever. And, if you have any idea who Spongebob is, you are now singing those three words and the song is stuck in your head. You can thank me later. :>)

Yesterday was...

THE SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS MARATHON!

And if that weren't enough...

This marathon of sponginess led up to the new episode The Best Day Eeeeeveerrrrr!

And, I know this is getting to be too much for you. But, the best day ever? Well, that wasn't enough either. The day ended in... hold your seahorses...

The network PRE-MIERE of The Spongebob Squarepants Movie.

Ok. Give me a minute. I need to take a breath. I'm better. The post must go on.

We watched Spongebob all day long. Well, not all day. We made sure our daughter had a lot of breaks, long 2-3 hour breaks. We wouldn't want her to lose her eyesight or all of her brain cells. But, when it came time for the final countdown (did you suddenly hear an 80's song?), we sat together, the three of us, yes my husband too, and watched the little yellow guy.

We laughed out loud. Yep, we are lame. But, that's ok. After the much anticipated Best Day Eeeeveerrrr, the movie was equally riveting. The diabolical Plankton was up to his usual evil hijinks while Spongebob and Patrick saved the day. There was even a celebrity cameo by David Hasselhoff. Add in some gummy worms and you've got a real par-TAY!

You gotta love Spongebob. He's little, yellow, different. He's annoying. He needs some new pants!

And, can I say- David Hasselhoff, you are my hero! ;>)

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Sorry, Melanie, but no Spongebob here. No...nada...zip. I refuse to let him grace our screen. Sorry to be a party-pooper.

But if there's ever a Wonderpets marathon, I'm your gal!
(With or without David Hasselhoff)

Eden said...

lol, my husband and I like Spongebob, but we don't have cable. So...we don't get to watch it anymore. :( Glad you were able to spend time with your little one and husband today. Family time is wonderful

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

One time I had a terrible headache and was lying on the sofa with cool cloth on my eyes. My kids were pre-teen. "The Bob" was on TV. I made a derogatory comment about the stupidness of the show. They kept watching. Pretty soon, without realizing it, I was chuckling at what was going on in the eipsode. Then we were all cracking up. After that, I never fought him again. A little inane entertainment never hurt anyone!

Blogger profile name said...

Mel, I think you really need to get a life. Just kidding! I've never actually watched Sponge Bob, but my kids have. The gummy worms peaked my interest though...