Monday, November 06, 2006

Pray The VOTE

Tomorrow is election day. It may not seem like an important election, but every election is important. I won't get into political agendas, party lines, blue states or red states. When I started to blog, that was one thing I promised myself- keep this blog politics free.

The amazing thing about the country we live in is that I could pretty much say anything responsibly that I chose to say- on a blog, in the open public forum, or even in church. Praise God for The Constitution!

Because of these freedoms, I think it is very important to vote. Plus, I am Baptist. We vote on everything, right down to carpet colors,hymn books, and who is bringing the fried chicken.

So, I encourage you to vote tomorrow if you have not already voted early. Be sure to make an informed decision. Know the candidates. Know the issues. Most importantly, pray, pray, pray! Ask for guidance from The Lord on how to vote. We have a responsibility as Americans to vote. We also have a huge responsibility as Christians to vote.

If the Iraqis can vote in the face of car bombers and terrorists, I know I can fight traffic and stand in line to wait my turn at the polls.

God Bless America!

Now, who is bringing the fried chicken?

You can visit the Christian Coalition's website to find out more about your state's candidates. The CC asks candidates for their stand on certain issues that are important to American families today.

6 comments:

Julie said...

Amen, sister!

It's a privilege to vote, and also as Chrisitans, a duty.

I'm going to PRAY and then VOTE.

Anonymous said...

Amen!

Eden said...

It is definitely our duty as Christians to vote good leaders into community and government positions. Preach it!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

It's like another Thanksgiving day, isn't it--I mean thankfulness for the privilege we exercise today.

Eden said...

Hi Melanie! Thank you for stopping by our blog. Please feel free to stop by anytime!

Big Mama said...

I couldn't agree more.

And now I'd like some fried chicken.