Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Perhaps it is time for an interference.*

I have said before that my husband and I quote Seinfeld all the time. We can relate almost everything in life to Seinfeld.

And if you are not a Seinfeld fan, this post will leave you totally lost.

If you are, you will know I have lost it.

These were a few conversations we had yesterday...



After daughter asked for some soup.

Hubs said, "Did he crumble any crackers in it?"


During a discussion about skin cancer and how my mom kept me out of the sun as a child to prevent wrinkles later down the road...

"Mama never put sunscreen on me. Sunscreen came later when I was a teenager. It was all about the shade."

"And then there's Maude."

"That was a good episode."

"You gotta see the baa-bee!"

"When in fact a certain something is all that it should be and more."

"You know, Elaine, sometimes you say things just to be nice."

(CHUCKLING OUT LOUD)



While out to lunch at a Greek restaurant.

Hubs to the waiter- "The hummus and grape leaves are good."

Waiter- "Good."

Me- "Why are you telling him? I am sure he cares if our hummus was good."

Hubs-"Huh?"

Me- "Don't you remember when Elaine tells the waiter that the soup is good and Jerry asks why she would tell the waiter and that the waiter doesn't care if the soup is good?"

Hubs- "I don't remember that one."

Me- "I think it was Elaine. Maybe it was George. Anyway, it was funny."



I know. We need to get out more. ;>)


*Kramer- "Is this the interference?"

Jerry- "InterVENtion!"

Episode- The Pez Dispenser


For a link to all of this classic TV about nothing, click here.

7 comments:

Roxanne said...

I'm not as much of a Seinfeld fan as my husband--but I watched enough to be able to have conversations like this with him frequently. . .

"It's a Mackinac peach, Jerry."

"A dingo ate my baby."

"The Bro." "The Mansierre." "THE BRO!!!!!!!!!" "THE MANSIERRE!!!!!"

"He stopped short." "He stopped short????? That's MY move!"

And the episode with the marbled rye. . .

See--it's a sickness.

Roxanne said...

Oh, and I left out the big salad. "I'll have the big salad. It's a salad--only bigger."

Tammy said...

I just remember hubby and I were on one of our long drives (pre-kids) snacking on pretzels...and we kept saying,
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Have no idea what that episode was really about ...but I bet you do!

Grafted Branch said...

Right, right, right!

I still hear Jerry mumbling that, and I use it quite often.

Carrie @carrieloves said...

Jerry: But are you still master of your domain?

George: I am king of the county. You?

Jerry: Lord of the manor.

...

Jerry: But the question is, are you still master of your domain?

Elaine: I'm queen of the castle.

Love that episode!

pinkmommy said...

Love Seinfeld. Did you see his wife on Opera last week? She is darling! And he was on there one day this week about his new movie...Bee Movie...can't wait for it!

Anonymous said...

My husband quotes Seinfeld all the time. Thanks for the link - more great quotes!