Saturday, April 05, 2008

This post has no point except that I am not going to make points anymore.

It is storming something awful. In fact, if I had learned anything from Mama, I would be in the hallway right now with my purse. But, since I am as hard-headed as they come, I am on the computer, connected to the Internet with the TV on and the washing machine going.

OH MY! The pathways of electrical current are wide open; I am just asking for a lightning strike.


Which leads me to my next point.

I have decided to stay away from politics on the blog. Satire included. Call it a hunch, but I get the feeling that some readers may not completely understand some of my attempts at jokes and some readers may not understand my views. (Agreeing with me is not a requirement to read or comment, by the way.)

The blog is merely a glimpse into my life and while we try to be honest on our blogs, our honesty is limited by our own need for privacy. Blogs do not allow us to have real time, open dialogue. I have dear friends and family who have total different political views from mine and I respect them completely. The Blog just isn't the best place for expressing these views.

So, if you are looking for a link that used to be here, I'm sorry. It has passed on to wherever posts go when you hit "delete."

However, you will read about my Die Hard Campaign for everyone to vote responsibly.

That is all I'm going to say about that.

Since I am rambling, I''ll just move on to the next subject with no segue or transition whatsoever because I am talented like that.

We just returned from our Brownie sleepover and it was a total blast. We're tired, but no one cried, no one had a head wound and no one even complained about our cooking. Now that is an accomplishment!

I think I'll take a nap now. Right after I unplug all of the appliances, get my purse and sit in the hallway. Hey, I may just take a nap right there in the hall. It's just as comfortable as that hard floor I slept on last night.

5 comments:

Fiddledeedee said...

I so get that. I avoid controversy like the plague, particularly when it comes to politics. A lot of my family has a very different political viewpoint than mine. Which we usually don't discuss until somebody breaks out a bottle of Port. Woohoo. Then things get fun.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I just don't mind the controversy too much, except I'm about to bust a post that no Christian woman is going to like. I know this because I mentioned it to another, and it went down exactly as I thought it would. One of these days ....

Roxanne said...

My Momma is here RIGHT THIS MINUTE, so I'll run my comment by her. :) :) :)

PJ said...

I have a totally separate blog with some political views. I can get it out there and deny, deny, deny. So much for courage!!!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Post re: Plastic Surgery.