Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hi from the edge of the earth.

Well. This little writer's block has turned into a full blown bloggy break. I just wanted to check in and let y'all know that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth.

And, by the way, why do we still say that? We've known for...like hundreds of years that the earth isn't flat and that it isn't possible to actually fall of of the planet. Maybe it's time to update the phrase.

I'm just sayin.'

Of course, I'm not the one who will be coming up with a new phrase anytime soon, what with all the writer's block and all.

And y'all, my neck has been sore and stiff for a whole day. I woke up with it yesterday and thought it was just one of those weird sleep things. But it won't go away and now I think I might have the swine flu. Which is not a good thing because the thought of catching something from a hog just sends shivers up my spine.

And that would mean I have both aches and chills. So there you go. I'm just waiting for the fever to spike and you'll see me sporting one of those surgical masks.

Since I have thrown good segues off the edge of the earth, let me go ahead and say this. It irks me to see people wearing those surgical masks incorrectly.

Hello! Mr. Businessman on the subway! It is supposed to cover your nose, too. This isn't an episode of ER where you just kick in the door and hold the mask loosely up to your face so that you can yell at the med student.

There. I feel better.

Except for this crick in my neck.

I'll see y'all tomorrow...

1 comment:

Susanne said...

My neck is stiff just thinking of your stiff neck. Hoping it gets better soon!