Friday, April 03, 2009

I've been hanging out with Maggie far too long.

So, it has been over a week since Linda began her challenge to get us moving for 30 minutes, 5 times a week.

It took me 9 days but I finally moved.

I started walking this evening, my tried and true exercise of choice. The wind nearly blew me away. Maybe if I walk against it, it will burn more calories.

My plan is to keep this up, hopefully every day, not just the five. If I skip a day, I tend to let another day go, then another. Before you know it, I'm back to being a sloth.

It's no fun being a sloth.

Have a great weekend. If you see me on the sidewalk, honk!

4 comments:

Roxanne said...

Honk. . .honk. . .I'm trying to do that too. Or course, I am faced with a very broken up day chock full of things to do, and I had a terrible night's sleep topped off with a dream that there was another hurricane in Houston, but our school district didn't send the kids home, so we were stuck at school with them. Now I sit here having Sam's Choice Mountain Trail mix for breakfast while a diet coke chills in the freezer.

I'm an inspration, I know.

Susanne said...

I know exactly what you mean about even skipping one day. I didn't do it yesterday and now today is looking like it won't happen either. Sigh. And yet when I'm out there it is enjoyable. Why can't I learn to love this to the point where I wouldn't even consider letting that day go by?

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh, that I could see you on a sidewalk and honk. This mental thing with skipping a day is common and deflating. We've got to move past that. No pun intended, but it is clever indeed. :) Glad you're with us.

Blessed Nest said...

congrats! I am moving too..walking but need to move it up to more then once a week..oh my!