Wednesday, September 09, 2009

The Lid's Random Dozen 9.9.09

1. What is something that you have changed your mind about either recently or over a number of years?

It is VERY difficult to change my mind. Ask Hubs.

Overall, I am more cynical about things. Not that it's a good thing. I can't really think of anything specifically.

2. Choose either subject, but does your a) church b) job feel more like a dental chair experience or an easy chair (recliner) experience?

a) Right now church is like a dental chair and I am still looking for a good dentist. It is really tough when you have had the best dentist on the planet with lots of great hygienists and cool toothbrushes.

Literal interpretation- We are still not sure about a church home in SmallTown. It's painful.



3. Kisses or hugs? I actually typed "huts," which might have been a more interesting question.


From Hubs- Kisses :>)


4. What do you think is the biggest threat to families today?

Tolerance and Political Correctness.
I know these are two things, but they go hand in hand. Both have crept into everyday life and into the church and are creating gray lines or no lines where there were strong lines before. Both have tainted the Truth in so many ways and many times we are not even aware.

5. A day after you grocery shop, you open a perishable item that is horribly spoiled. Do you take your receipt back to the store to be reimbursed or just throw it away and forget about it?

It depends on where I bought it and how much it cost. If it costs me more gas money to return it, I don't do so or I will call and let the store know about it. It also depends on what it is. If I think my actions may prevent someone else from getting sick, I will definitely return it to the store or call and speak to a manager.

6. What personality trait (feel free to address good or bad or both) do you notice yourself adopting from your parents?

Saving money, which is not really a personality trait, but a result of one.


Saving for a rainy day may not be fun when it's sunny but it sure feels good to be standing there with the umbrella when everyone else is soaking wet.


7. How many slices of bread do you leave in the bottom of the bag when you throw it away? Two? Three? Just the heel? None? (I really want to know if you eat the heel.)

The heel. I always leave the heel. YUCK.


8. What mispronunciation or usage error really irritates you?

Misuse of "The other person and I" as in "Lid came up with this delightful meme for you and I."

Should be "you and me." You don't always say "the other person and I" unless you are the subject.

Doing so makes it sound like you are trying to be proper and that makes me nuts, too. (Just be you- grammatically correct or incorrect.)

It also bugs me when my blog's spell check won't work in the middle of a grammar post.


9. In honor of the uniqueness of today's date, what does the numeral 9 mean to you? (Any special life moments attached to the 9th? Are you the 9th kid in your family? Can you count by 9s really fast? etc.)

All I can think of is "partying like it is 1999." Shows my age.

10. Does the general color palette in your closet match the colors you chose to decorate your home with?


Thank goodness, no or we'd look like we lived in the morgue. A lot of things in my closet are black. I like color but I tend to go "safe" and buy a lot of basic neutrals. There are splashes of blue, red and pink.

11. When you're hanging out with friends in the kitchen, do you automatically ask to help, or do you sit there and chat until the host asks if you'd like to help? I'm not implying that the 2nd choice stems from rudeness or laziness, just not a first-response like it is for some people.

I usually offer once and let it go. It also depends on how well I know the person. For some, I already know how and when they like help.

I am glad to help out, but I don't want to push myself on someone. Some people love a lot of hands in the kitchen.

I don't really like help in the kitchen so I respect it when someone declines my help. I work better in my own kitchen if the person hangs out with me and chats. I get distracted with too many helpers.

12. Let's end on a pleasant note: What do you enjoy about September the most?

It usually means cooler weather is in the air but everything isn't dull and dead yet (like my wardrobe.)

See The Lid for more dozens. She is always doing great things for you and me. ;>)



4 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

#4: Great answer. I agree. Therefore, it's a great answer. Ha.

#6: You are so kind to think of others and not just the bottom line dollar amount.

#8: Along these lines, I cannot stand "This is Bob and I's house." ??

#9: At least you were in the 90s.

#11: I prefer people not to help me in the kitchen, either1

Becky said...

Great answers, thank you for expressing your convictions. And Lid DID create a wonderful meme for you and I. lol

Shannon said...

#8 -- I once had a boss who said "flustrated" instead of "frustrated". I nearly had a nervous breakdown over it.

SouthLakesMom said...

Very good answers. Sounds like you thought about them a while. #1 - you obviously do though because you're now in NM! Or maybe he's really persuasive. Must be those #3 kisses.

#4 - absolutely agree with this one -- moral relativism and situational ethics in the CHURCH? Oh my. But read Rev 2:4 -- the church in Ephesus had the same problem. We never learn.

Have a great, blessed weekend!