Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Random Dozen

1. Would you rather host party or simply attend a party?

Hosting stresses me a bit. I like to attend or maybe co-host at someone else's house. I love the decorating and cooking, but combining that with cleaning, prepping, and all the etc. is overwhelming at times. I'm more comfortable with a few friends or couples over instead of a large group.

Kids' birthday parties at my house, however? Easy peasy.

2. Tell us about the most memorable party you've been to.

Nancy and her husband hosted a murder mystery dinner at Halloween one year. Hubs and I went, along with another couple. We were all supposed to dress up as our characters. Well, Hubs and I went a little over the top and the rest of them looked completely normal. Party poopers.

3. What is one thing you hope for in the after-life?

Besides seeing Jesus, no pain.

4. What do you enjoy most about sunshine?

The way it makes me feel.

5. When you attend a bridal/baby shower, do you prefer to bring your own gift or chip in with others to buy a larger gift?

I am not a fan of the chip in, unless it is a going away type gift from a group or a large purchase the receive really wants. I prefer to buy my own gift and put a personal spin on it, if I can.

6. Would you rather have a FREE week of having your house cleaned or all of your meals cooked for you and your family?

This is tough. I would love to have someone clean my house, but the thought of someone else cleaning my dirt is a little invasive for me. I would like the meals, please. Although, they have to wear a hairnet so Hubs can eat.

Thank you.

7. What song describes your mood today?

After a tornado scare yesterday- "It's The End Of The World As We Know It"

And I feel fine.

8. What is something you received for your own bridal shower/wedding that you still own or use? (If you are not married, feel free to sub a gift you received a long time ago.)

I still have a lot of the gifts that were given to us. There is one crystal vase that I use often. It was part of a set from a group of great ladies- a really good chip in gift!

9. Your favorite flavor of ice cream is?

Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey.

If I can't get that, then Rocky Road is my favorite general flavor.

10. When was the last time you felt "tested?"

Last time? You mean other people don't feel tested on a daily basis?
Wow. And may I add that I usually do not pass.

11. "[Fill in the blank] is a food that once I start eating I find really hard to stop."

Boiled Peanuts.

Yes, m'am.

12. "-----" is the best motivation.

Necessity

See Lid for more great posts this week! Don't miss her Lost party pictures. (love the dirt monster)

2 comments:

Joyce said...

boiled peanuts are addicting! Forgot about those.

I love #12-that's pretty much me...I like to think I work well under pressure but the reality is I'm a procrastinator.

Mary said...

I'm reading so many "Ben & Jerry" answers! Can't go wrong with that!