Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Random Dozen: Aigner and Finch

1. Is there a word which you initially mispronounced? Were the circumstances in which you made the faux pas embarrassing? By the way, that's not "foax pass." (I know you know that. Just jokin' with ya.)

I mispronounced Etienne Aigner in high school. I finally realized in college that my purse did not rhyme with "Abner."


2. How do you feel about the use of texting shortcuts and trends? (ex: "I've got ur notes. Get them 2 u 2morow.")

It depends on who I am texting and if I am trying to save space. Hubs doesn't mind.  In fact, he has his own abbreviations.

We all know how that turned out.

3. Tell me about your high school senior picture. Please feel free to post.

I wasn't thrilled with the ones from school.  Most of us had senior pictures that we ordered made at Olan Mills or somewhere else. The ones at school were poor quality.

I remember taking my picture at Olan Mills and planning how I'd do my hair, and picking out which gold chain I would wear with a sweater that had shoulder pads.

5. Share a high school or college homecoming memory.

I didn't go to high school or college homecoming.  No dates for high school and college wasn't a big deal for our school. I really don't regret missing either of them.

6. Linda at Mocha with Linda wants to know: "Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?"

Sunsets.  I would have to get up early enough to see a sunrise. The only time I've done that on purpose was for Easter.  (Worth it.) Otherwise, give me a sunset on the beach while eating crab legs or gulf shrimp.  Ahhh...

7. Lea at Cici's Corner asks, "What is something you have not done that you desire to do?"

Hmmmm... I have to reach deep down in my not-adventurous self.  This one is tough for me.  I would like to go sailing at some point. Preferably, with the shore in sight.

8. Carol at Wanderings of an Elusive Mind ponders, "If you could come back [in another life] as an animal, which would it be?"

I'd have to say a household cat.  That's the life.

9. Joyce from The Other Side of the Pond is curious: "Where were you 10 years ago?" Please feel free to elaborate more than just your physical location.

Geographically, I was in North Carolina.  Figuratively, I was a new mom whose best friend and support had just moved. I discovered a lot about the real meaning of life and priorities. I also learned that I don't like East Carolina BBQ.

10. When you are proven to be correct in any contentious discussion, do you gloat?

I try not to.  If it's Hubs, I rub it in just to be annoying.

11. What is your favorite food which includes the ingredient "caramel?"

I am not a fan of caramel, but I would have to go with caramel cake. Preferably from Dean's Cakes in Andalusia, Alabama.

12. From my 17 year-old daughter to you: "If you could be part of any fictional family, which family would you choose and why?" (She's so cute. And clever.)

This is one of the best questions in all the Randoms!

The Finch family from To Kill A Mockingbird. Scout witnessed so much change and pain and her father stood up for justice.  She was smart, thoughtful, and free spirited. That kind of legacy and history would be incredible to pass along.  I wonder what Scout would have become when she grew up.

Thanks, Lid and Friends (and Family!) for the great Random this week!

6 comments:

Carpool Queen said...

My high school senior picture is TRAGIC.

It might have something to do that I ran straight from basketball practice to the studio, ripped off my headband and sat down and smiled.

Immortalized and regretted forever.

Joyce said...

Oh #1-okay that's a word I mispronounced as well. I couldn't come up with one in my answer.

I'm feeling the need for a crab feast on the beach now. At sunset. Sigh.

Susanne said...

I can't even remember my senior picture. But I'm sure it involved glasses that were waaaay too big.

Momma Morgan said...

Great answers! I love To Kill A Mockingbird. I read it everyday probably for a whole year (I could finish it in about 2-3 days) when I was younger. You would think I'd have it memorized, but I don't...

Mocha with Linda said...

love your TKMB answer on #12!

I've never known how to pronounce that designer's name either!

Anonymous said...

Oh no...how could I have forgotten Caramel Cake??? My husband's grandmother's maid (did you just follow that?) used to make it. She passed away a year ago, and I will forever miss that cake. I'm quite certain she's serving up some of the delicious stuff to the King himself.