Thursday, June 22, 2006

"Mulder, it's me."

This morning I had an epiphany. I was taking a "vacation from the ordinary" with my Herbal Essences shampoo when suddenly, between lather and rinse, I realized I had become one of those people.

By those people I don't mean the ones who wake up one morning with a strange bump on the back of their necks, the ones being followed by a smoking elderly man in the shadows.

No, not those people. The Blog People.

I have always prided myself at being technologically delayed. If a new gadget came out, I immediately scoffed and ran away from the store not to buy it. I still own VHS movies. Ok. I'll be honest. I still have a few cassette tapes. Alright! Alright! A few albums too.

You can see how this whole blog experience has left me out of my element. But, I caved. I gave in. I have officially entered the Opinion Age.

When I was in college one of my professors said we were entering the Information Age. He was right. Now we are in a different time, but I am not sure for the better.

Everyone has an opinion. And everyone wants to share their opinions. There are statement tees for sale everywhere. "I Blame My Brother," "Give Me All The Chocolate," and "Sassy Girl." If I could design my own statement tee it would probably read "This Was Clean" or "Hey, It Fits! (kind of)"

Opinion has become more important than truth. And the line between the two is blurred. Opinion has become truth to some. But not to this blogger. The only real truth I have ever known has come from The Bible. (You already know my love for Jesus!) The rest is just opinion.

So, whenever you are suffering from chronic insomnia, or you have found a strange bump on the back of the neck and you are online searching WebMD, check out this blog. It is filled with lots of opinions. I will make no claim of anything more- unless it comes straight from God's Word.

Because I have become one of those people.

I still refuse to buy an ipod. Don't push me. At least I own a cell phone.

Cause, hey, this ain't Kentucky. I'm gonna pay for that one.

No comments: