Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Got the Thanksgiving Jitters?

If you are up late tonight, making a pie and trying to figure out why on Earth that bird has not thawed yet, let me just give you a few helpful tips.

If you forgot an ingredient in something, don't worry. Wal-mart is still open.

The goal is not perfection. No. The goal is to keep everyone out of the ER and Uncle Ray off of COPS.

Remember, you aren't your grandmother. I have no idea how she did it. My only guess is that there was something in the water back then that made her have more energy, more sense, and more cooking skills.

Martha Stewart makes it all look soooo easy. She has one secret. It's called "staff."

If you are still up and reading this, stop now and check that bird. It should have thawed by now.

Happy cooking!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Can I tell you how freaked out I was at noon today? Iwent to brine the stupid bird, put it on the counter next to the roasting pan and realized my bird is about, oh, let's say 10 pounds too big for it.

So, off to WalMart we ran to get a disposable thing in XXX-Large.

Yeah.

Tomorrow's going to be a test.

Roxanne said...

You are crackin' me up.