Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday's Fave Five: Man-made materials

This will be short and sweet, or at least short.



1. Sinus Medication- Something is in bloom and it has caused my head to nearly explode. Hubs and I are both either stuffy or unstuffy. Any medication companies out there? We could be that miserable couple in your commercial.



2. Coffee- I thank our forefathers daily for dumping all that tea in the harbor.



3. The Internet- I guess I should really thank Al Gore but since he isn't necessarily man-made, it wouldn't work in this case.



4. Air conditioning- I don't know how my grandparents made it without A/C. Of course, they would say it didn't used to be this hot. Global Warming? Well, looks like I can thank Al Gore again.



5. Art- Art makes me smile. One of my favorite and most whimsical artists is Mary Engelbreit. I just ordered some things from her and love it. I already have a new calendar for my purse. The cover reads,"No, really I have it all under control."

Can't wait to use it. I know. It's August.

Which is why I am so thankful for #4.

See Susanne for more faves this week!

6 comments:

Jerralea said...

I've often said God bless the person that invented air conditioning!

I/m ready for fall to come, cooler weather is my favorite.

Brenda said...

Numbers 2,3 & 4 are high on my list as well. I've lived in the heat without airconditioning and its not fun!

Anonymous said...

I've thought the same thing about AC -- I don't know how anyone survived without it.

Hope you get some sinus relief soon!

I don't know who first got the idea to crush beans and make a drink from them -- but I'm glad they did! (Al Gore can't claim that one!)

Susanne said...

We've hardly used our air conditioning this year. It seems like we haven't even started summer. One weird year for weather around here. But when we do need it I sure am thankful for it.

Al Gore sure does invent a lot of stuff, doesn't he? ;v)

Hope you are feeling better soon from all miserable stuffyness.

Robin Lambright said...

Coffee is always at the top of my list! A/C as well!!!

Blessings
Robin

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Great list. And I can never resist the Al Gore ref, either. Jorge told me to stop it, but I cannot. I simply cannot.

I also meant to add to my list of moving music: "My Redeemer Lives" by Nicole C. Mullen and anything by Aaron Schust.