Saturday, February 20, 2010

Roughing It

Hubs pitched the tent. Then he inflated the single air mattress, covered it with an arctic sleeping bag, added a pink snowman pillow, a stuffed bunny, a Build-A-Bear black lab, and a flashlight.

And that was just his sleeping area.

He and Daughter are camping in the backyard. They invited me to join them, but I don't do camping. Remember?

Seriously, I wouldn't mind it in our own yard. The bathroom is steps away and I can easily reach my Diet Coke. However, I declined the invitation. There's something sweet about a Daddy/Daughter camping outing.

I'm tucked inside with Maggie and the laptop.

All. By. Myself.

As soon as I finish this post, I may just grab the tissue box and watch The Notebook.

Oh wait, we're out of Puffs with lotion.

Now, that's roughing it.

4 comments:

Roxanne said...

Yes. . .that IS roughing it. :) Loved the punchline, girl.

Michelle said...

Ran across your blog from BooMama's blogroll. Your blog title grabbed me because I live in New York:-) But I am originally from the south so I can relate to you. HA HA
Loved this post. So cute!

Carpool Queen said...

The NOTEBOOK? You DO know how that ends, right?

Cannot.
Read.
One.
More.
Sparks.
Novel.

Susanne said...

Well, did you survive the roughing of it? I cannot believe I am reading that there is actually someone camping out there already.