1. Abbreviating our abbreviations.
"K"- Short for "OK," which used to be "O.K.," which used to be "Okay."
Have we gotten so busy that we can't even add that second letter? One more keystroke, people.
2. :) and ;)- What happened to his nose?
3. Numbers for letters- Or should I say Numbers 4 letters? Texting has gotten so nuts that we are starting to use numbers to abbreviate for words.
4 replaces for.
2 replaces to.
U replaces you. So, that's not really a number.
Then there's Thanx. We dropped the "k" and "s." Why?
4. (Which is really the number 4 and not the word "for" or "fore" if I were writing about golf.)
Abbreviations for entire phrases that really have no literal meaning-
LOL- If I seriously laughed out loud this much, people would be locking me up.
ROTFL- I haven't actually done this since I was 5.
5. Here are a few of my own.
TLTUEW- Too Lazy To Use Entire Words
FHTS- Forgot How To Spell; used when I have to come up with a new word because I can't spell the original one I wanted to use.
6. Then there are the ones that don't really work.
We can't forget TOTP.
Gotta go 4 now. U have a good week. K?
TOTL- Turning Off The Laptop.
Would someone please find his nose? Thanx.