1. What is your favorite Mexican dish?
Really good chicken chimichangas. Close second- Tamale
I like nearly anything from a good Mexican restaurant. I judge Mexican restaurants by their salsa. If the salsa is good, pretty much everything else on the menu will be good. Hubs judges them by their guacamole- the simpler, the better. Okay, who wants tacos for dinner?
2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school, or did you procrastinate?
In elementary school, I don't remember having much homework. I spent the afternoon eating Little Debbie cakes and watching I Love Lucy re-runs. In middle school and high school, I procrastinated as long as possible.
3. What is your favorite store for home furnishings?
Ballard Designs. Most of the time I "catalog" shop and then look for something similar somewhere else for less. Sorry, Ballard. You're not within my price point.
4. When you were young, did you like school lunches?
I liked elementary lunches. Once Middle school hit, the lunches went bad. Very, very bad.
5. Is religion a crutch?
It can be. It can become a crutch for not taking responsibility for developing a relationship with Christ. It can also become a reason to close yourself to other denominations within the Christian faith.
6. In your region, what is the "big" (most popular in the community or state) high school sport?
And I'm not one of the big fans.
7. Do you consider yourself rich?
Not by American standards. I consider myself blessed and thankful for what we have. I know that it all really belongs to God and what we do with it should be used for His glory. Do I always do that? No. I do try and often need reminders of how blessed we truly are.
The truth is that all Americans are rich compared to the rest of the world. We have no idea what it's really like to be poor.
8. Which of these would you have the best chance for success in administering:
B) Heimlich Maneuver
C) Changing a flat tire
CPR I hope I never have to use it.
9. Which dance would you prefer to learn & why:
B) Hip Hop
Salsa...hmmm...maybe there's a connection to Number 1.
10. What's the worst news you've ever delivered to someone?
Having to tell my family that Maggie had cancer. That was difficult.
11. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics.
It doesn't matter who is or who isn't teacher's pet. It all boils down to responsibility. The professor doesn't care if you show up for class. I loved this! So many of my teacher's pet friends had a rude awakening. I was glad to be out of high school and be treated like an adult.
I also had a professor who said not to worry too much about getting straight A's. He said, unless we were trying to get into another academic program, it didn't matter. Employers will never ask you what grades you made in biology. They want to know your work ethic and if you can manage the job at hand. What he was trying to do was relieve our anxiety and encourage us to enjoy college, work part-time, and participate any other things. (May I add that he was a Psych professor!?)
12. New variation on an old question: If there's a song in your head that just won't get out, what is your favorite (or most repeated) line in that song?
Sock it to me. Sock it to me. Sock it to me. Sock it to me...
Visit the Lid for more Randomization!