Monday, December 31, 2007

And they brought Frank, Sense, and Tropicana Gold

Yesterday in Sunday School, our lesson was about the wise men and the three gifts they brought to Jesus- Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh.

I shared with them that the Frankincense and Myrrh both smelled very good and were very special. I pretty much left it at that for their level.

Then we played a simple game. I placed several items in sandwich bags for them to smell-peppermint, soap, a fabric softener dryer sheet, and orange peels.

Later on, during our review, I asked them a few questions...

What town was Jesus in when the Wise Men visited him?

"Bethlehem."

How many gifts did they bring?

"Three."

What were the gifts?

"Gold, Frank and Sense and Myrrh."

Very good, it was Gold, Frankincense...that's a tough word... and Myrrh.

Which gifts smelled really good?

"The oranges."

3 comments:

Susanne said...

I love that they brought Frank and Sense along. Who can't use Frank and some sense? Too cute!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I'm with Susanne. I don't want Frank without Sense. That would just be "Blunt."

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Love it....LOL

Linda..you slay me :))