Thursday, February 15, 2007

Randomness of Trivial Unimportance

1. One of the neighbors mulched the Stop sign.

2. My daughter told me that "Ladies who work wear stylish pants."

Ahem.

3. This morning I purchased toilet paper, paper towels, and napkins- all in bulk. So much for saving the trees. Although, I also purchased 2 cards which were partially post-consumer.

4. The handmade valentines I mailed to my husband's grandmother were a hit at the assisted living home where she lives. They were all trying to decide how to hang them on the wall in their rooms. Final decision- Scotch tape. Sweet. :>)

5. I don't want to see a glue stick for a while. Refer to #4.

6. I have been working on a few new bumper stickers for y'all-

"If Mama ain't happy, it's probably your fault."

"Southern is a state of mind. Trouble is I'm not sure what state my mind is in."

7. They should rename Lean Cuisine "Appetizer for fat people." (I happen to be eating one right now.)

8. I have decided that Starbucks and Target are in cahoots. The Target people want you to walk in, buy a mocha, get all hyped up on java and GO MAD!

"LOOK! STUFF I DON'T NEED AT AN INSANE 90% OFF!"

9. Did you know that the stores already have swimsuits? Do they not know that there are people in Indiana eating out of cans?

10. Must go now... I need some stylish pants.

12 comments:

Dreama said...

I truly enjoy reading your stuff! You are so funny

Kim said...

You are such a hoot! Don't you love it when your children give you fashion advice?

Lori said...

This cracked me up. I love the 90% off comment, hubby teases me with comments like that.

Rocks In My Dryer said...

""Appetizer for fat people." ...*snort*!!

Eden said...

Enjoyed this post! Made me laugh!

Brenda said...

#2 - True, and mamas who blog wear sassy pants. :)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I laughed at every single one of these and then thought, "Hey, #9 is a shout out to ME! (Indiana)" You are so funny. Oh, and I've been eating the fat appetizers, too. AND, I love Brenda's comment

Chrissy said...

This made me guffaw..not very ladylike, but fortunately I'm not wearing my *stylish* pants...I'd have hate to bust a gut in those!

Grafted Branch said...

Lean Cuisine! Oh yes! I have to eat one of the big 400-calorie dinners for lunch to even have a hope!

Susan said...

I just found your blog and will be back for more.

AbbieCRAZY said...

"appetizers for fat people" - that just cracks me up....

Justice Fergie said...

visitng by way of Rocks in my Dryer...i'll be back for more!

BATHING SUITS? That would imply that "shaving-your-legs-season" is around the corner. Which would be disconcerting seeing as how I can barely find the time to actually shave my legs. Sigh. I LIKE the fact that I am wearing longjohns underneath my (stylish) pants today.