Friday, December 05, 2008

At least I don't look like a monkey...

Today, I turn old.

Maybe that was last year.

Seriously, I turn 38 today and I feel pretty much the same. I've spent the day decorating the house for Christmas while listening to Rush (Limbaugh, not the band.) Nothing puts you in the Yuletide spirit like a good right wing monologue.

We are going out to eat tonight. Red Lobster- the closest thing to seafood I can get here in the Land of Disenchantment.

I promise to post later. I have a few pictures of Maggie under the tree, neither of which are fuzzy and pleasant, so I guess you could say they capture her personality quite well.

So far, it's been a nice birthday. More to share, I'm sure.

To be continued...

(I totally left you hanging with the upcoming pictures of my delinquent cat. Who cares about the rest of my day.)

4 comments:

Roxanne said...

I will reply to your Christmas Wish list later when I can think--and I already think it's wonderful--especially the Diet Coke out of the tap part. . .

But I must, must, must say Happy Birthday to you--and enjoy your cheese biscuits tonight.

Tari said...

no no no no no no! 38 is not old! I have been 38 since June and I can't be old, so you can't either!

And really, it doesn't feel old. I've been here for almost 6 months now - it's fine, don't worry. And 37 wasn't old either.

It's 40 we need to worry about ...

Just Terrific said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a fun evening!!

Grafted Branch said...

Happy Birthday, Melanie!

You're a grown up now! You don't get to be "old" until...