Saturday, August 23, 2008

Regular, Creamy or Al Dente?

Did you hear that?

That was me sighing with relief because I now have Internet access. The modem came via UPS yesterday. I'm sitting here at the laptop with my Diet Coke. Could life be more perfect?

I'd like to go on record and tell y'all that, although I feel like I am smack dab in the middle of nowhere, this town does have some modern amenities. I mean, we do have indoor plumbing and central heat and air.

However.

I am going to have to send Mama a grocery list because apparently the truck that delivers White Lily flour and Jim Dandy grits does not drive this far west. The grocery stores only carry Gold Medal flour and Quaker grits.

They mean well, I'm sure.

Bless their hearts.

Now, I must go and catch up on two weeks of blogging, so just be patient. I promise to return to my regular drivel by tomorrow.

Points to the person who knows where the title of this post is from.

Edited to add: The answer is My Cousin Vinny. Here is a clip (quote is near the end.)

4 comments:

Susanne said...

No points for me, I haven't a clue.

Glad to hear you're settling into your new place. In spite of flour and grits, or lack thereof. How's the kitty taking to her new digs?

PJ said...

Grits: regular, creamy or al dente. HOw about in My Cousin Vinny. (I cheated...I googled it!!!) I DID see My cousin Vinny and found it hysterical...but I never can remember movie quotes!!! No Jeopardy for me. Do I get points for persistence??

SmilingSally said...

I like Quaker Oaks grits, but I have to admit that I was born in Pennsylvania and reared in Washington, D.C. (bless MY heart)!

Liz G. said...

Here's hopin' that Blue Plate Mayo isn't on your list of food items you'll miss - or that care package from home will be EXTRA heavy.

Don't know where you ended up movin' to - but wherever it is, if it is much farther west than Marshall, TX - you are out of luck!