Monday, February 23, 2009

Stimulating the economy one sirloin at a time.

This is what I read in my Inbox from a particular steak mail order company:

"Winter Clearance Sale: We're blowing off our freezer doors with savings"

I love a good steak like the best cowgirl, but something about mail order meat on sale just kills my appetite. Of course, I did just purchase two packs of pork chops because they were "buy one, get one free."

Even though Hubs doesn't really like pork chops because they are usually too dry. At least my pork chops are usually too dry.

In other Inbox news, I keep receiving lots of offers for free shipping. Somehow the spyware knows I live in Smalltown and 99% of everything I purchase arrives in a box on the doorstep. Free shipping. It is good.

Maybe all of the retailers are just flattering me for when I get that stimulus check.

I wonder how many jobs would be created if I ordered some winter clearance steaks. With the free shipping offers, maybe Newman would decide to work on Saturday.

3 comments:

Susanne said...

I don't know if I would ever have the guts to order mail order meat. Scary.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I heard Newman is pulling back to 5 days a week in some states as a test run for the rest of us. Utah, for one. I would pass on mail order meat.

Roxanne said...

Mail order meat. . .you killed me with that one. . .mail order meat. BWAH!!!!!!