This week I've been blessed enough to see old friends, make new ones, and take a few minutes here and there to appreciate the little things.
1. Friends- T. and her daughter are in town. Her daughter and mine had a grand time of giggling, making up code words and taking care of our newest resident- a caterpillar we found on the grill cover.
My daughter loves bugs almost as much as I love Starbucks. His little temporary home in her room is full of dandelion leaves and fresh grass.
That caterpillar has no idea how good he's got it.
2. Rain- Yes, rain! In New Mexico! It is so rare around here that I wondered if I should start looking for the ark. Then I remembered that we have no trees so Noah probably built it over in Georgia somewhere which means my family is on a cruise right now.
Oh, the random nothing I can write about. When I'm old, please tell them I am not senile and I've been like this the whole time.
3. New recipes. I made a lemonade pie that is so easy-
Frozen Lemonade Pie
2 prepared graham cracker crusts
1 can frozen lemonade, thawed but not diluted
1 (8 0z.) container whipped topping
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
Fold lemonade, whipped topping and condensed milk in bowl until well mixed. Pour into pie shells. Cover and freeze until firm. (About 2 hours.)
Now I know why they say "easy as pie."
4. My husband. He's always one of my favorites but since it's my blog, I'll go ahead and list him here.
5. New blog friends- I recently discovered Carpoolqueen's Blog. She is hiliarious and an amazing writer. Most of the time, she has me in stitches but, this post brought me to tears (in a good way!)
Be sure to read it and browse through her archives. Good stuff.
What about you? What are your favorites this week?