Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Works For Me: Instant Waist Cincher!

I learned this from Jackie at Chico's. (She's a genius.)

I was trying on a jacket and she said I should always push up my sleeves (to the elbow) if possible.

Why?

It makes your waist look smaller! Yes, your waist.

You can also get the same effect by rolling up long sleeves to your elbows.

Go to your closet and try it:

Stand in the mirror with the sleeves down, bring your arms straight down next to your waist. Now, push up or roll up your sleeves to your elbows. (The trick is to have the end of the sleeve hit at waist level. Adjust as needed.)

See the difference? It's amazing!

Of course, laying off the chips and cookies works, too.

For more tips, see Kristen.

9 comments:

Carpool Queen said...

I'm all about chunky necklaces, too, to bring the eye up.

I'm also all about Chunky Monkey ice cream, but that's a whole 'nother story and the reason why I find this post so compelling.

Karen said...

I am so trying this. I love me some Butterfinger ice cream. Thanks for the tip.

Heidi said...

Amazing!
H.

pcb said...

Ha! I knew I was loving my 3/4 length shirts this year! I just thought it was because it hides arm flab! Now I know the REAL appeal!

Heckety said...

Oh yes! Some REAL GOOD advice! I have to wear sleeves back from my wrists for piano playing but now I'll push them back further and everyone'll think I've been terribly disciplined and dieted!! Yee-hee! You're a STAR!!!

Lily said...

Awesome! Thanks for this tip!

BTW, I'm a lurker. I check in almost daily...

Susanne said...

No way. Really? I am so trying this!

mub said...

I guess I should be happy that I can never find sleeves long enough and that I need to roll them up in order not to look silly *L*

Niki Jolene said...

Who knew??? Great tip!

:)