Tuesday, September 22, 2009

This is the sound of me blowing dust off the laptop.

The family is back together. Maggie arrived home from the kennel in OtherTown yesterday.

Again, the kennel people said she was "sweet."

I really think I should have a talk with them and find out their secret. We could possibly put our heads together and launch a business selling whatever it is they offer that makes my cat sweet. At the very least, we could make a cool infomercial.

Last night was our first normal night at home. Daughter was off reading some classic piece of literature while Hubs and I were watching Seinfeld on DVD. We like to keep the family balanced. Too much literature and we could turn into the Cosby family except, you know, that we aren't lawyers or doctors.

So we were mixing in a little Roseanne when one of our favorite Seinfeld episodes came on (okay, they're all my favorite.)

It was the one with the guy with the glasses from Malaysia which, for those of you totally unfamiliar with the show, means nothing. For the other two of you, you are going, "YEAH, I KNOW THAT ONE!"

There is a line where Elaine mentions that they had a break-up over the Jujy fruits and that is what launched a major discussion.

"Wait a second," Hubs said, "that's not the same guy."

"Yeah, it is," I said.

"No, it's not. He was bald in the hospital."

"No, he wasn't. He just looks different because of the glasses. Find the episode and play it."

"Wanta bet?"

"Yeah, if I win you have to scoop the litter box for a week."

"Okay."

"What do you want if you win?" I asked.

"I don't know. You already do everything I need you to do," Hubs answered.

At this point I could have gotten all warm and fuzzy and thankful for a kind comment but that would distract me from the matter at hand which is that I was totally right about the Seinfeld episode.

So Hubs got up from the sofa, walked over to the entertainment center, and then it dawned on him.

"OHHHH! That IS the same guy. I was thinking of the one with the Junior Mint!"

"Oh, yeah. That's a likely story. You got your candy mixed up and not your boyfriends?"

"Yeah, the bet's off."

"But that's the bet."

"No, I changed my mind. I don't want to do the levels."

If you are still reading this lame post and you are lost, don't be alarmed. Most of society does not understand us. But if you totally got that last line, you know it was from -yet another- Seinfeld episode.

As you can tell, life has returned to the completely mundane, boring strangeness we call normal.

In other words...

I'm back.

4 comments:

KK said...

Glad things are normal. I haven't seen that show in so long, I should look for some re-runs.

Roxanne said...

:)

Anonymous said...

I you live where I'm guessing you do, there was a lot of dust to blow off! Glad you're back.

AnnG said...

I love your normal!! So glad you're back! LOVE Seinfeld too!!