Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Random Dozen: A Little Odd, But I Think I Love You

1. Do you prefer even or odd numbers? Any particular reason?

Odd numbers. Particularly, 3, 5, and 7. I have no idea why. Maybe it is a sign of some strange mental illness or abnormal aversions to post offices and libraries.

2. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being "not at all" and 10 being Carly Simon-worthy, how vain are you?

I have my usual hang-ups like most women, but in all I'd say I'm a 4. This is evident by the amount of roots I have right now.

3. Among these Irish stereotypes, with which do you identify most closely? Talkative, Proud, Inquisitive, Love to party, Hot-tempered

Inquisitive and maybe a little hot-tempered.

4. How lucky do you consider yourself?

I've been blessed beyond measure in so many ways. Some days I forget that.

5. What is the subject of your favorite post that you've written?

Maggie. She's lovable and quirky and could possibly prefer odd numbers.

6. Describe March weather where you live in three words.

Wait Five Minutes

7. How apt are you at detecting blarney when you hear it? (Smooth talk, flattery)

VERY. I can spot a line or a schmooze from a mile away.

8. How "green" are you, environmentally speaking?

Not very. It's the rebel in me.

9. What is your favorite song this week?

I haven't listened to a lot of music this week, except for the radio in the car. I'll have to go with the opening music to The Amazing Race. I'm excited about the new season and the cowboys are cracking me up.

10. You are walking along and see a coin on the ground. What denomination does it have to be before you will stop to pick it up?

None. Daughter spots free coins quicker than I spot Blarney. If I do see one, I pick it up and hand it to her.

11. Complete the sentence: "Every time I look outside my window ...."

...I wish we had trees."

12. What was the #1 song on the day you were born?

"I Think I Love You" by the Partridge Family.

(Lid, I was so glad it was a song I actually like!)



See The Lid and her blog for more. She doesn't spout any Blarney.

9 comments:

Joyce said...

Love your answer to #6!

Ahh...The Partridge Family. I had a huge crush on David Cassidy. Obviously I'm a little older than you : )

The Bug said...

I enjoyed your answers, but I think I might have to send you some cloth grocery bags - when you remember to use them they're actually a lot more convenient than paper or plastic. ;)

"Wait Five Minutes" - heh. Sometimes I wish it was like that here, but I'm sure I'd just complain about it.

Susanne said...

The opening music to the Amazing Race. Oh girl, you are addicted. I see an intervention coming! :vD

I lurve you Maggie posts. That is one cat that cracks me up everytime.

Mary said...

Loved the "Wait Five Minutes"! Definitely the same here! I had to watch the Partridge Family every time it came on.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Enjoyed my first stop by your blog and do love the name of it! So cute! This is my first time to participate in Random Dozen and what fun it has been. Blessings to you!

Nel said...

Enjoyed your answers. And I too had a huge crush on David Cassidy. Had his pics up on my bedroom walls. Memories...lol
Thanks for sharing.

until next time... nel

Carpool Queen said...

I think I'll be singing that song all day now, thank you very much.

Jerralea said...

I enjoyed your answers. I sympathize with your answer about wishing you had trees. I have that same wish. I've often said I would never consider buying another house unless there were trees on the property.

Melanie said...

I love the Amazing Race too. The cowboys are kicking butt and I love it!