Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Random: Yet another list in which I write about naps.

1. What was the last thing about which you procrastinated?

Folding clothes and putting them away. The laundry basket is leering at me as I type.

2. How long does it take you to fall asleep, and do you sleep through the night?

It depends. I can usually fall asleep within 30 minutes unless I have something on my mind. I can sleep through the night if Hubs doesn't come home from work late and disturb the happenings in the house.

At some point, Maggie often sneaks up there on my feet. Somehow, she manages to not wake me up and I find her there in the morning. This is how cats steal your breath.

3. Which decade would you choose to exemplify your favorite fashion styles?

I guess the 90's. I have been so behind in fashion for so long, I don't even see the difference in the decades.

4. What is your personal best dish to feed a crowd?

Best? I don't know. I like making stuffed manicotti, enchiladas or chili for a big group. Some of my favorite dishes for my family are Chicken Georgia, pot roast, and fried chicken tenders.

5. Are you an impulse shopper? What was the last thing you bought on impulse?

Notsomuch. The only thing I may buy on impulse is a cute pair of flip flops. I hate to try on clothes and hate returning things even more, so I tend to not impulse purchase clothing. Maybe a simple t-shirt, but that's it.

6. What is one wish you have for your own funeral?

I won't know what's going on, so it won't matter. I just hope things go smoothly for my family and that Hubs remembers to write thank-you notes. Ahem.

7. If it's true that joy is in found in the simple things in life, what does your joy look like today?

It would look like a nap if I had time for one. Today is a busy day for me. On normal days, it looks like a glass of sweet tea as I sit in the glider on the porch.

8. What is your favorite type of bread?

Really good biscuits straight from the oven. I also love the bread you get before your salad comes at all the steak restaurants. You know, the little loaf on the cutting board with the huge knife.

9. What trait do you fear developing the most? (Laziness, greediness, grumpiness, etc.)

Selfishness

10. What trait would you like most to develop?

A little bit of a sense of adventure. Not TOO much. I don't want to go overboard.

11. Which room in your house best reflects your personality? Why?

My bedroom. It has my favorite furniture, beach-like bedding, a print of Charleston's Rainbow Row, and all the things that remind me of a Southern B&B.

12. How do you maintain balance in your life regarding, work, family, church, other organizations and activities, and blogging?

I don't. But I do try.

See Lid for dozens of dozens!

2 comments:

BARBIE said...

Hi! Nice to meet you. Enjoyed your answers. I have 3 laundry baskets, full of clean things that need to be folded, staring at me while I blog hop! I'd much rather use my fingers to type than fold laundry. Blessings!

Unknown said...

LOL..clothers leering at you..
Mine does not..LOL
I love biscuits too.
Mine is here
Nice to meet you.
Happy Wednesday!
Wishing you an advance HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
hugs
shakira