Thursday, June 29, 2006

My true loves

I was pondering over posts and noticed that I have commented a lot on things I dislike, even hate.

Let's clarify. There is really not much that I truly hate- just stuff that irritates me a whole lot to the edge of hate, but not quite so far to the edge that I teeter off. Really, the truth is that I am not a wishy washy person. I either like something or I don't. There isn't an in between. So, that also means that there are a lot of things that I truly love (my college English lit. Professor would cringe- he said we do not "Love" things!) But this ain't college. This is my blog and I can write whatever I like, with all of those run-on sentences and phrases ending in a preposition. Whew-hew!!! If this were a coloring book, I would sooooo be outside of the lines...

So, here goes. The things I love-

1. Jesus. He isn't a thing, He is God and man. But, I love Him. So, I'll list Him first.

2. My family. You knew that one was coming. 'Nough said.

Places I love:

1. I love going to Wal-mart late at night, like around 11:00 or 12:00 and look at the clearance, junk bins! FYI- The weirdest people shop then...

2. Target. Period. But especially the ones with Starbucks!!

3. The next place in line, anywhere.

4. The doctor's exam room when you hear the doctor stop at your door and pull your chart out of the little mailbox, plastic chart holder, flip the pages, then the door knob turns. I love that feeling! Like being a puppy at the pound and someone pauses at your cage.

5. Church, when no one else is in the sanctuary and it is quiet, and you can sit on any pew or kneel at the altar for as long as you want.

6. In a hammock, porch swing or otherwise comfy chair outside in the shade. With sweet tea in hand! ahhhhh

7. Charleston, SC

8. The side of the road picking wild blackberries or wild flowers.

Misc. stuff:

1. I love to smell Play-doh.

2. Daisies, pink roses, baby's breath, the smell of lavender.

3. The smell of face powder, but especially Cover Girl.

4. Noxema

5. The smell of a new inflatable swimming pool.

6. The taste of honeysuckle.

7. The sound of crickets and tree frogs in the summer. Rain. (Give me Granny's quilt and I'll take a nap!)

8. Homemade peach ice cream, fried green tomatoes, grits, biscuits and gravy, and some good ole' fresh butter beans from someone's garden.

9. The South, but especially parts of Georgia.

10. Humor. What an amazing gift God gave us when He created us to laugh! I couldn't get through the day without humor.

Think about what you love, including the people in your life. Then, tell them!

1 comment:

Nancy Murphree Davis said...

I just have to note that I used the word teeter in my post tonight and spell check tried to talk me into changing it. I stuck with it the way I had it, but am glad to see that it is a real word, even if only in Georgia and Alabama.