Saturday, April 21, 2007

'Cause there's something about Oran "Juice" Jones

I just read Big Mama's list of her 7 favorite songs and saw the cutest picture of her e-vah! The girl knows good hair.

As memes go, I've decided to make my own list of some of my 7 favorite songs. (There are just so many!) You may be a little surprised at a few and can I just say that a list of ONLY 7 is very hard for me. I love music. All music. Well, almost all music. I am not fond of the offensive stuff- you know, the stuff they play in the elevator. ;>)

1. Something About You- Level 42. If you weren't a teen in the 80's, you have no idea what I am talking about and if you were, you may still have no idea what I am talking about. I would bet you would know if you saw the video- the one with the train and the clown. Are you lost yet? I love the medley. It makes me want to sing with the radio in the car or Old Navy, or wherever I am.

2. The Rain- Oran "Juice" Jones. Feelin' crunchy like cornflakes without the milk. If you have heard it, you are laughing. right. now.

3. The One- Elton John. This was our wedding dance song. I love the lyrics. No one can write like Elton.

4. Georgia- Ray Charles. I'm a sap. And please, for the love of Pete, bless your heart, Michael Bolton, you just cannot compete with Ray.

5. Been Caught Stealin'- Jane's Addiction. For some reason, this is funny to me. I know. I'm weird. (I don't think it is meant to be taken seriously.)

6. Battle Hymn of The Republic- Makes me cry. every. single. time.

7. Cowboy Take Me Away- Dixie Chicks. They may not be PC, but they can sang. Until they deny Jesus, I still like them. Sorry folks.

These are just a sample of my favs. If you want to do this meme, leave a note in the comments.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh, I remember Something About You...I hadn't thought of that in a long time, but I like it, too...:)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Man, I am lost on most of these songs! I thought we were cosmically or comically connected!

Chrissy said...

Great list and fun memories too!

#3 Love it!
#4 I'm from Georgia - what can I say - although, no offense to Ray, to be sitting in Sanford Stadium on a crisp fall Saturday afternoon and hear the Redcoats band play it is just about as good as it gets, it just chokes me up.
#6 Me too...sniff

To add to this, how about Unchained Melody, which Hubby and I had at our wedding.