Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Thursday Thirteen: I Always...

1. I always cry at certain parts of movies.

Like when...

Forrest stands under the tree to deliver the note from Little Forrest to Jenny,

Ruth dies in Fried Green Tomatoes and Sipsey stops the clock and covers the mirrors,

The Count carries Katherine out of the Cave of Swimmers in The English Patient,

The mama dies in Hope Floats. The tea cup landing on the floor gets me every. single. time.

2. I always laugh at certain parts of movies.

Like when...

They show the family table scenes in The Nutty Professor,

Dell Griffith leaves his shorts in the sink in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

3. I always smile when...

I hear or read a Biblical Truth that speaks to my heart and to my convictions.

I hear my daughter speak up for Jesus.

4. I always frown when...

someone uses The Lord's Name in vain.

I have disappointed God.

I see someone being mean or disrespectful to the elderly or to a child.

5. I always wink when...

My husband and I share something funny from across the room.

My daughter and I are in a quiet place and I just want to say,"I love you, Sweetie" with my eyes
.

6. I always clap when...

Someone sings or performs really well.

Someone has tried their best to sing or perform really well.

7. I always refrain from clapping when...

Someone has just finished singing a very reverant song in church and I can sense the Holy Spirit guiding me to stay silent.

8. I always snap when I want to get on my husband's nerves. (He says my snap is too high-pitched. Go figure.)

9. I always want to scream (and sometimes I do) when...

I see someone being mistreated.

I see justice falling short.

And I can do nothing about it.

10. I always think of...

My Grandmother when I smell Aqua Net,

My Mother when I smell Coty powder,

My daughter when I smell Baby Magic,

My childhood when I smell honeysuckle.

11. I always think of...

Billy Graham when I hear Just As I Am,

Summer Camp when I hear crickets at night,

Heaven when I hear my daughter giggle.

12. I always think of...

High school when I see Ferris Beuller's Day Off,

College when I see Melrose Place re-runs,

Just about anything in life when I see Seinfeld. :>)

13. I always think...

thirteen is a little when you are counting change,

thirteen is a lot when you are doing Thursday Thirteen.

9 comments:

Entropy said...

I like your "I Always..."

I always laugh at certain parts of movies too even if I've seen it 20 times. It's usually goofy movies like Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail or A Guy Thing (and other silly movies).

tammi said...

Hmmmmmm, I'm guessing you and I are roughly the same age!!! Ahhhh, I miss Melrose.

Justabeachkat said...

Loved this post!

Hugs!
Kat

Susanne said...

Incredibly creative, Melanie!

High pitched snaps, eh? I'll have to ask hubby how mine are. :v)

Grafted Branch said...

That was such a fun post! Mind if a I use it? (I'll give you credit and a link...for all *that's* worth.)

I see your Technorati authority! ;)

Tammy said...

Oh, this was beautiful!

(And I always cry at certain movies I've seen a thousand times, too...)

Barb said...

Boy the Aqua Net and Coty powder brought back memories. I was fine until I read that. What a nice Thursday Thirteen - surprisingly moving. :-)

Roxanne said...

Loved your list, girl. That scene in Forrest Gump always gets me too. . ."And he's so smart, Jennie."

Nancy Murphree Davis said...

One of the best "13s" I've read. I'm so lucky to have such a gifted writer as a friend.