Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Jimmy crack corn or just cracked.

Just so you know, I haven't met the snake. He is probably somewhere deep in the corn field behind our house.

(Insert my friend Nancy's Children of The Corn joke here)

Anyway.

I am trying really hard to become acclimated to my new surroundings. It is times like these that I wish I were more like a real chameleon as opposed to just a hair chameleon...

But I digress.

The air here, it is dry, dry, dry and I could use some tips from the peeps. I have managed to find a great hair and skin regime, but our lips are literally cracking. My poor daughter is having the worst time.

Any tips or ideas on what to do for dry, cracked lips? We are applying really good lip balm before bedtime and in the morning.

Any certain brands?

Other ideas?

Thanks, y'all!

5 comments:

Rocks In My Dryer said...

Carmex. I love the stuff so much my Hubs thinks it must be laced with illegal substances. It's not, of course, but I just can't get enough of it.

Jana said...

I agree with Rocks... it is the greatest stuff and it stays on for a while too!! Kind of stinks though at first. Try the cherry flavor.

Been a lurker for a while and I enjoy reading your blog!!

happygeek said...

In the dry dry dry prairie winter the only thing that keeps my lips from bleeding daily is the vitamin E lip balm from The Body Shop with SPF 15.

Roxanne said...

Burt's Bees is what my hubby likes, but we live in Houston, so what do we know.

WE also have power--came back on 20 minutes ago. I am overcome with happiness and am about to go and buy some icecream for my freezer.

holly said...

Chicken Poop! I swear by this stuff - my lips have never been softer. It's a brand out of Kansas - very humorous...