Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Giving Hope

I'm feeling a little numb, a little down. My heart is filled with mixed emotions of historical triumphs and cultural failures.

Then, I clicked on this post at Big Mama's and I was given a fresh perspective.

I was able to wrap a coat around my daughter's shoulders this cool morning. I poured cereal for her with fresh milk. She chose which pair of shoes to wear. On my way home from driving her to school, I stopped for a coffee.

Yeah, America. We've got it good.

But my hope, my confidence is not in wealth or things of this earth. Those things can be taken from me in an instant.

My hope is in Jesus. Today I am reminded once again that there are people who still do not know Him. That do not know Hope.

"I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light
so that you can understand the confident hope
he has given to those he called—
his holy people
who are his rich and glorious inheritance."
Ephesians 1: 18

Please pray for all the Compassion Bloggers this week. Pray for new sponsors to come forward, to help give hope where there is none.

3 comments:

Kat said...

After a long and sleepless night this post was exactly what I need to read. It really does put things in perspective.
Thank you

Tammy said...

Hi Melanie,
I'm still struggling a bit with all of it...and I guess my biggest concern of all is that God would remove His blessing from our great nation because of the way we have turned our backs on Him.
So that is the main reason I continue to have a heavy heart...

But I am praying that He has mercy on our nation and praying that there is a revival in this land...sometimes when we are in a comfortable place, revival doesn't come. Perhaps that is one of the only silver linings in all of this...that Christians began seeking Him in earnest again!

PJ said...

And when it comes right down to it, God is in control. All is well with the world. God will work his purposes no matter who is in the White House. The revitalization of our nation will come from people praying not necessarily people voting. (I'm not knocking voting...I did.. I highly recommend getting involved. It's our responsibility) However, God is greater than the voting booth.