Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday's Fave Five #59: Hosted by Susanne

Susanne hosts the Faves each week. Here are my faves.

1. The Geico pothole commercial- Even Hubs likes it and he usually hates commercials, especially Geico. We grew tired of the gecko and cavemen a long time ago. This new commercial with the talking pothole sporting the Southern accent is hilarious.

Oh know. Your tire's all flat and junk.

The only thing it's missing is a "Bless Your Heart."

2. Bloggers with memes- They keep me inspired.

3. Fall scented candles- I just purchased a Wood Wick candle and love it. It sounds like the fireplace crackling.

We have an electric fireplace which looks lovely, but provides no warmth, smell, or sounds of a fire. It is cold enough to have at least gas fireplace, so go figure.

4. Online shopping- Here in SmallTown, Christmas shopping is a challenge. (Yes, I am already Christmas shopping in October.) The Net is your friend. I don't know how Ma Ingalls ever got her shopping done without a laptop.

5. Fun surprise packages on the doorstep- We received some homemade muffins and goodies from one friend and a bag of treats and candy from another. YUM. Now I plan to pass the love along.

See Susanne for more faves and please leave her some words of encouragement. She has been sick this week.

Sending some virtual chicken soup your way, Susanne!

7 comments:

Carpool Queen said...

If your small town doesn't support a Bath and Body Works, while you're online shopping, add a Slatkin Kitchen Spice candle to your order.

You're welcome.

And the pothole commercial? Gets me every time.

Faith said...

love your FFF list! I think this is the first time I've visited you. And I live in the capital region of NYS but I still LOVE online shopping cause all the malls around here (there are 6 good ones and one mediocre one) are too CROWDED!! And yes...i have begun my xmas shopping too!!

blessings to you and have a great weekend.

Julia said...

A commerical with a southern accent. I love it! For such a nasty thing (pothole) she sure has a nice voice.

Karyn said...

LOVE the commercial! Thanks for sharing it!

Although I am Albertan (Canada) born and bred, I was privileged to live in Louisiana for 5 months a year ago....I LOVE the south! (Except for the spring weather bringing tornados every night)

I enjoyed your list and will be back!

Oh, and I also love those candles with the wick that sounds like a fireplace crackling.

Christmas shopping in October? But of course! The sooner the better, in my books!

Willow said...

Yes, the pot hole commercial makes me laugh, too! Baahye....

Even though I live less than 50 miles from Los Angele and have an outlet mall in my town, I often shop online and make gifts. Just hate to shop. Christmas shopping--does starting my list count?

Amy said...

When I lived in the south my favorite was "God love her" Anytime someone did something silly or stupid someone would say "God love her"...

Don't hear that much her in So.Cal...all we get when we do something stupid is a horn honk and the finger...ha ha.

Amy

Susanne said...

Ooooo, I've never had a surprise package on the step like that. How nice!

My husbands work place sells those wood wick candles. What scent do you have? I just might have to get him to bring one home. We have an electric fireplace too, and the crackling of the candle would be awesome.

I've appreciated a few memes this week too.