Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I am quite certain this is not what Ben Franklin had in mind.

I just thought y'all would like to know that the postal service did actually post information on my package.

According to the website, my package is/was being sorted.

That's a relief.

I have to also add that the wonderful (cough, cough) tracking system is cleverly named "Click and Ship," which I keep wanting to call "Chicken Strip."

What would Freud say about that one?

In addition to the Internet Post Office Excitement, I had to go to the post office MYSELF, IN PERSON yesterday to ship something.

And I'm all out of nerve pills.

I heard a person behind me yell to the worker at the counter, "WILL YOU HURRY UP?!"

We all turned around in disbelief. I wasn't sure if I should dive under something.

Then the counter worker person looked up and laughed. Apparently he was friends with the customer and the customer was just kidding.

Oh, those postal workers are such characters. One of these days they'll start rolling people's mailboxes and wearing lampshades on their heads.

As you can see, the excitement at my house is overwhelming.

Check back tomorrow for my informative demonstration on how to apply self-adhesive stamps.

4 comments:

Carpool Queen said...

Will there be video? I'm a visual learner and I'm not sure I'll get the whole adhesive thing without visual aid.

Amy said...

I am the kind of person when I have to go to the post office I make sure I have my ducks in a row. My package is packed, taped, addressed, and my money is out ready to go.

My favorite kind of people are the kind that practically pack their package when the get to the person behind the counter..."Can I borrow your tape?" "Do you have a sharpie?" I half expect them to ask "Hey do you happen to know my Aunt Mildred's address?" C'mon people!!

Great post.

Amy

Susanne said...

That is too funny, but I have to say I have to relate as I've wanted to yell that out on many an occasion while at the post office, and I was not friends with the worker. But you will be proud to know that I restrained myself.

Melanie said...

You are SO funny. I love to read your blog.