Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Random Dozen: Banana, Tree, Register Three


1. If you could master one sport, what would it be?

This is going to sound completely lame, but I've always been interested in archery.

Yes, as in bow and arrow.

I have no idea why. I've never even tried it.

I'm sure Hubs would be the first to volunteer to put an apple on his head.

2. When you make a major purchase, do you go with your gut instinct, or do you do research to make an informed decision?

I research to be able to make an informed decision, but I always trust my gut in the end.

I read and read about the item (especially cars.) We tend to keep major purchases for a long time, so I want to be happy with them.

3. There is an old kids' game that says you can find out what your movie star name would be by using your middle name as your first name and the name of the street you grew up on as your last. What is your movie star name?

I have to pass on this. This taps into so many possible password leaks. I'm not even sure they are out there, but it's possible.

4. Would you rather give up your favorite music or your favorite food?

I'd say music. I wouldn't be able to listen to my favorite song, but I could still sing. However, I can't really hum to myself to enjoy Starbucks coffee or Reese's cups.


5. There are two types of banana preferences. One is pristine yellow, almost to the point of being green; the other is spotty and more ripe. Which is your preference?


I'll pick the pristine yellow one because I have no idea when it will be eaten. It could sit on the counter for days or be eaten when it is unloaded from the car. Here in New Mexico, the dry air is not kind to produce. It goes bad very quickly, something I am still not used to.

6. Your favorite tree is?

The Live Oak. They are grand and gorgeous. They live through storms and fires. There are so many throughout the South which have witnessed years of history.

And they are great for climbing. Picture Jenny and Forrest.

7. On a scale of 1-10, how tech savvy are you?

Maybe a 4. I can turn on the computer, navigate the Internet, blog and shop. Once a virus or worm or bug or other critter gets in the way, I'm in big trouble.

8. Has H1N1 touched your family?

No.


And I would really like access to the vaccine, hello government people out there...

9. Are you an analytical person, or do you just accept things the way they are without questioning or scrutinizing?

I analyze everything to death. I'm a psych major who loves words. I pick apart movies and books and sitcoms.


I find meaning where there is no meaning. It's fun. I'm a nerd.

10. Is your personality more like that of a dog, cat, or Koala?

I've never really gotten to know a Koala, so I can't answer to that. Oh, except for that little guy in the zoo, but he was in a cage so we couldn't really chat over lattes...

I'd say cat. I try to be cool and collected, but most of the time I end up with my ear turned inside out.

11. Do you keep in touch with friends you made years ago?

A few. We have a long Christmas card list, but there are only a few that I really keep in touch with on a regular basis via email or phone calls.

Unlike a lot of my friends growing up, I've moved away.

12. You are checking out at a grocery store. In the express lane, there are more people than the regular lanes, but of course, their load is less than those in the regular lanes. Which lane do you choose (assuming you qualify for the express lane) and why?

I have a mental check system for this.

For one, I always choose a female cashier over a male one. Sorry, guys. Women are more efficient at running a cash register. I think it has something to do with multi-tasking.

Next, I look at who is in line. That husband who is by himself will unload his cart slowly and wait until he is given the total to get out his debit card. Same with the little old lady (she can't help it.)

That being said, no matter how long the lines are, I usually end up with the veteran cashier who scans like lightning, right behind the young mom with the screaming baby and cart full of diapers (she's ready to get home.)

Reference Question #9. :>)

Thanks again, Linda!


8 comments:

Lazy Daisy said...

Cute blog...I'm a Georgia girl now living in Virgina. Loved your last answer. I'll be back to visit, you made me feel at home.

Amy said...

I totally am stealing your check out line plan. I ALWAYS pick the slowest land and now I know why!!

My favorite is those people who still write checks and wait until the total is given to even open the checkbook and start to write...and usually need to borrow a pen.

Great answers!!

Amy

The Bug said...

Loved your #10 - I chose cat too, but I don't have the ear problem you do :) And #12 is so true! Except that I don't analyze enough ahead of time - I'll just end up in the slow lane & go "oh THAT'S why" after the fact.

Greg C said...

Yes I do think you just proved your answer #9 when you answered #12. We had a lot of the same answers. :)

Heidi said...

I know my hubby would be thrilled if I became a skilled archer- then I could go bow hunting w/him. woo woo.

I like your cat answer :) ear turned inside out- I hear that

" unlike them, I moved away" (or something like that) I get that, too. I've moved so many times, which may be why I don't keep in touch- don't stay in one place long enough to cement the friendship.

Susanne said...

My son used to love archery. Hasn't played it lately though.

Come to think of it, I choose the female teller over the male too.

Angie said...

I love archery; it would've been my # 2.

Agree with # 4.

Enjoyed your answers.

Carpool Queen said...

Archery rocks. I took lessons when I was little, and I still get a little excited about bows and arrows and slingshots and hitting the bullseye.

Put a bow and arrow on your Christmas list.

Just do it.

You'll feel all Xena Princess Warrior and your husband will totally dig it.