Sunday, November 22, 2009

Randomness at the dinner table

(Insert random movie clip here) from Hubs.

Turning to daughter, I said, "You know, Daddy loves any movie with British accents."

"In fact, he would have liked the English Patient if the English Patient had been English and not Hungarian," I continued.

Eye roll from Hubs.

"Daddy, what's the English Patient?" asked Daughter.

"It's a movie, an awful movie, where the English Patient gets sick and then he waits, but he is very patient."

Puzzled look from Daughter.

Eye roll from me.

"Then the patient gets lost in a cave and someone crashes a plane and finds him."

"Uh-uh!" I argued, laughing, "he wasn't the one in the cave."

Continued puzzled look from Daughter.

Eye rolls abound.

Dishes clang. Laughter trails off.

Come to think of it, he was very patient...

2 comments:

KK said...

LOL, I have to say I left half way through the movie. ONly movie I ever got up and left!

TRS said...

Ugh! I HATED the English Patient. What a durge!