Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Lid's Random Dozen: Interpretation Of Dreams And Creepy Bug Question

1. What insect are you most afraid of? Feel free to post a picture.
New Mexico fire ant.  I was bitten/stung a few weeks ago and it felt like a knife went through my skin.  OUCH! These cowboy fire ants are much tougher than the Georgia redneck ones I grew up with.  Mr. Bug man came and made them go away.  (That's my nice way of saying he obliterated them.)

There are insects in the rainforest that make me freak out a little, but I won't list them here since I don't think I'll ever be in the rainforest.


2. What is the greenest/most organic thing about you or that you do?
The greenest would be when I ride the rides at the fair... oh, that was bad.


Seriously, we drink organic dairy. I started out choosing organic dairy to avoid the hormones in our diet, but now I also just love the taste.  And organic sour cream?  Oh, you'll want more than a dollop!

3. Tell me about a recurring dream that haunts you.
OK, Lid. What is this? The therapy edition of Random?  First my scariest bug and now my dreams?
I don't have any recurring dreams anymore.  However, it always bothers me when I dream about something bad happening to someone I know. I always want to call them up and warn them.  I don't think I'm being given any message or anything- just makes you think.

4. Have you ever missed a flight? What were the circumstances?
No, but I've come really close.  On our trip this summer our first flight took off late and we had about 10 minutes to get to the next one.  Lucky us, the second flight was delayed for maintenance. This was the first time I was glad the plane had maintenance issues.

5. What do you consider your best feature?
Physical- Eyes
Other- I really like to encourage and help people. 

6. What was the last concert you went to?
Ummm... Yanni.  In 1997

7. Describe the most embarrassing church moment you ever experienced.
I was about 12 years old.  I sang a duet with a friend.  My friend missed her notes and at the end, she stood there in front of everyone and did the "gun to your head" gesture with her finger.  The congregation laughed, but I'm pretty sure that's a prime example of "quenching the Spirit."

8. Are you a whistler, hummer or singer?
Singer, unless Andy Griffith is coming on.

9. George Washington Carver said, "I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in." What is God saying to you through nature today, or this very minute?
God is saying, "Ragweed is an example of my mystery."
No really, nature always reminds me that things smaller than me and larger than me go on with their lives without my knowledge or involvement.  Just watch a Live Oak weather a storm or a fire ant make an ant hill.  All of God's Creation is important to Him and in His control. 

10. On September, 1, 1752, the Liberty Bell arrived in Philadelphia. What memorable event will take place in your life on September 1, 2010?
I will post the Random Dozen before noon.

11. Taco Bell or the Liberty Bell? (You must choose.)
The Liberty Bell.  I am a patriotic mess. 
Although, I really should choose Taco Bell. That story later...

12. Do you believe men and women can have purely platonic friendships?
Not a close one.  I know a lot of people disagree, but I have seen that usually at least one or the other begins to have feelings beyond friendship, even if the other does not share those feelings.  This may come as a shock to you, since I am always quoting Jerry and Elaine.  But, HELLO, that's a TV show.

Visit Linda for more randoms.  Her Random rocked this week, even with all the creepy bug questions. ;)

5 comments:

Joyce said...

#6? Really?

I loved your answer to #9...enjoy your day!

Ashlee said...

I can totally relate to #7! LOL....not a good experience for me.

Carpool Queen said...

I'm sorry, but did you say "YANNI"?

And sour cream is my love language.

Leelee said...

I forgot about fire ants...my oldest daughter is one of those rare people who is deathly allergic...she had to be rushed to the emergency room the first time bitten and took 5 years of weekly shots to reduce her reaction to a local one....those little buggers are fierce!!

Glad there is another organic dairy person out there...my family loves it...you are exactly right, it tastes so much better!!

momma24 said...

What a great list! Fire ants, yeah, they are scary!