Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Random Dozen: Aliens, Art, and Lattes

1. Do you believe, somewhere deep inside, that blondes do indeed have more fun? That they are "dumber" than brunettes or redheads? Be honest!

I am not a natural blonde. These days, I'm not even a natural brunette. I do go blonde for a reason. It makes me feel better.  Dr. Phil can add whatever meaning he'd like to that.
As for being dumber, no way. Unless they can prove that the peroxide actually seeps into our brains and kills off the cells.

2. Which animal would you most like to observe in its wild habitat?
I'm a mom and wife.  I already live in a wild habitat.

Seriously-  Any kind of sea life. Dolphins are my favorite. I'd also love to watch sea turtles hatch. 

3. This week the U.N. announced that Dr. Mazlan Othman has been appointed the official "Alien Ambassador," should any extraterrestrials contact us. Have you, or has anyone you know, ever seen a UFO?

I saw something in Tucson once that was very odd. A bright light hovered over, then flew off very quickly.  I am sure it was a helicopter, but don't tell Mulder.

4. Name your favorite Hitchcock film.

Rear Window.  I can watch it over and over, but it has to be in the dark.

5. Would you rather spend time at the library, the mall, a craft store or home?

Oh, Lid.  I had to chuckle about the library. 

If I'm in a creative mood, the craft store.  If not, then home.

6. Which Disney princess is your favorite? (Or Disney character, if you are a guy)

Cinderella was always my favorite.  I felt sorry for her, even as a child. I was more happy for her that she was able to go to the dance and look nice than because she actually found her prince.  I also love that the mice and birds loved her.

7. What kind of art is your favorite?

Nancy's :)

Also, Mary Cassatt, Renoir, and Winslow Homer

8. How do you feel about viral videos, that is, videos made by amateurs that end up on YouTube receiving thousands of hits?

Honestly, it is a bit disturbing to me. It is an example of how quickly anything put on the Internet can spread.  That's now always a good thing.

9. Where do you buy your jeans?

I now like Chico's.  Not Your Daughter's is pretty good, too.  (Pricey.) Most of my other jeans are just department store generics.

10. Tell me about your first automobile accident.

I rear-ended another car because there was a school bus stopped ahead of us. The car in front of me slowed down,  sped up, then slowed down again. I hit him. He was fine. Me? Not so much. This was before air bags were as safe as they are now. I am short and was too close to the steering wheel. I had a bruise on my sternum, a busted lip, and powder burns on my chin. I passed out for a second. Fortunately for all of us, air bags are better programmed for short people and we are all safer because of them.

11. Have you ever been honest when you knew you would benefit more if you would be dishonest?

I am known to be brutally honest. Kind of like Neal Boorz- the only one who will call the baby ugly.  I may be the only one to say it, but most of the time everyone else is thinking it.  If something truly doesn't need to be said, I won't lie. I just don't say a word.

12. If you were appointed "Ambassador to Aliens," what would you show and tell first about life on Earth? What would be the most difficult thing to explain?

First, we'd go to Starbucks and I'd explain the difference between a skinny and a non-fat and that, yes, you can taste the difference. I'd talk him into getting the venti and then we would head to Target.  I'd teach him how to find bargains and to always scout for the 90% off sale.  When we were done, I would take him to a nails salon where he can watch a lady paint another lady's toes (in wonderment.)

As for explanations, I can't say it any better than Jerry Seinfeld-

"Dogs are the leaders of the planet. If you see two life forms, one of them's making a poop, the other one's carrying it for him, who would you assume is in charge?" — Jerry Seinfeld

Thanks to the Girls for Lid's awesome questions this week!

9 comments:

Karen said...

Ah, love the Seinfeld quote.

VandyJ said...

Id like to see dolphins too.

Nel said...

Great answers! Thanks for sharing!
until next time... nel

Joyce said...

I love the Seinfeld quote too : ) Rear Window is another good one and I almost picked it but then I thought of Cary Grant and went with North by Northwest.

Pam said...

Love the dolphins and the Seinfeld! Too funny! : )

Carol said...

I've always said our dogs and cat have us well trained!

momma24 said...

Loved your answers!

Roxanne said...

Hilarious. . .I'm sick. And every time I come to comment now, your visual verification thing is just a red "x" thereby making it impossible for me to comment. Like RIGHT THIS SECOND, it's a red "x" but I keep hoping that if I wait long enough it will turn into an actual visual verification thing so I can COMMENTDADGUMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I think I figured it out!!!!)

Carpool Queen said...

Brutally honest people make good friends to those of us who live in denial. I always try to have a couple around at all times to keep me firmly planted.