What would I do without Linda?
We've had family visiting over the last week and I'm a little behind with blogging. I sat on the sofa to dust off the laptop, and Linda saves the day with this week's Random Dozen.
1. So I was thinking about how Jon Bon Jovi never seems to age much. His hair is smaller nowadays, but he still manages to look like a boy somehow. And then that made me think of the story of Dorian Gray. Question: If you physically lock in one age for yourself, which would you choose and why?
I'd pick 27. My skin, hair and figure all looked their best. Too bad I can't hop in the DeLorean and go back in time.
2. What is the best dish that you cook or bake (your piece de resistance?)
Hubs likes my chicken salad (surprise chicken salad) and my pot roast (he says I hooked him with it!)
Daughter likes my fried chicken.
3. When you feel blue, what is one strategy you use to help yourself back to normal?
I eat sweets. I wouldn't call it a strategy.
I usually feel better after some rest. Catching up on sleep and just recharging is always good for the blues.
4. When was the last time you danced in public?
I can't remember!
5. Do you consider yourself a realist or dreamer?
6. As a parent, what is one thing that you have done well?
Teaching that there is a definite right and wrong.
7. Which is your favorite character on the Andy Griffith show?
Floyd. There was a guy in our church youth group who could do an awesome imitation of Floyd saying, "Ohh... Andy."
I love Floyd's subtle comedy.
8. On a scale of 1-10, how much do you know about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.?
Maybe a 6 or 7.
9. Have you never been mellow? Have you never tried … to find a comfort from in side you? (Sorry, Jorge was singing that song just now, and it just seemed to be perfect timing as I was creating this week’s questions.) REAL question: What is your #1 driving pet peeve?
Cell phones. Sometimes I wish I had a bumper sticker that read, "Hang up and drive."
Then again, they'd never read it because they are too busy talking on the phone.
Not that I have an opinion about it.
10. Which color best represents your mood today? Care to elaborate?
Pasty white from the winter blahs.
I could use a nap and some sunshine. I'm ready for Spring!
11. If your spouse were an animal, which would he/she be?
Some kind of monkey or a gorilla. He is goofy and fun but when it comes to taking care of his family, he could be a real silverback. (I love him for that!)
12. What activity takes up the bulk of your time on an average day?
Cleaning something. It's all a big blur.