Thursday, December 04, 2008

What I Really Want For Christmas

Everyone says I'm hard to shop for. At least, that's what my husband tells me. I tell Hubs that my close friends (and his mother) usually score right on target, so maybe, just maybe they know me well. Or they are women and great shoppers.

Really, it's a mystery.

So I decided to just make a list of what I really want for Christmas this year and every year and maybe it will make it easier on Hubs.

Ahem.

1. World Peace. Let me get that completely out of the way, so I can move on. Otherwise, I would look completely insensitive.

2. I would like for laundry to stay clean at least an hour after I fold it and put it away.

3. Someone to wash, fold and put away the laundry.

4. A permanent dust buster that cleans and repels dust forever. Forever.

5. A nap.

6. Removal of the tired eyes, saggy chin and gray hair look. Apparently, it is not in style.

7. I'd like for the greeter at Wal-mart to have a chair. She's 90. Let the woman sit down.

8. A Seinfeld marathon followed by 24 hours of A Christmas Story with Sonic commercials during the breaks.

9. Bill O'Reilly and Dennis Miller on the next Presidential ticket. (Hey, at least it makes it interesting.)

10. Diet Coke to come straight out of the tap.

11. STARBUCKS in my town. Not that I've mentioned it before or anything.

12. Donald Trump to get a haircut.

13. People to stop calling Christmas "holiday." It drives me insane.

Which leads me back to the next Presidential ticket and my last Christmas request...

14. A "We Say Merry Christmas" bumper sticker.

What say you about your Christmas wish list?

4 comments:

pcb said...

I SO agree with #7. While they're getting that chair, someone could go to the back and unbox one of those space heaters. I've always thought they needed a little counter to sit behind and they could put that heater and chair right behind it. What say you?

#9 and #12 would be on my list, too.

Merry Christmas!

AnnG said...

Yeah world peace is good. so is a new president elect so the economy doesn't keep su*king!
Ok, what I've told dh that I want is a Wii Fit, and new silverware (ours is falling apart in our food!) and a kitchen stereo!

The Muse said...

Great List!!!
Make sure you get that out to the Big Guy :)
I think you deserve each and everyone!

fuzzytop said...

I'm with you on that laundry thing... I must wash 20 pairs of underwear a week for my son, not beacuse they all actually been worn, mind you. Half of them were just thrown out of the drawer, onto the floor in search of the elusive 'favorite pair', thence to be slept on by cats or dogs. Apparently he doesn't like wearing furry underwear...

Have a great day!