Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday's Fave Five: Spring, Glorious Spring!

Susanne has been graciously hosting Friday's Fave Five and I have planned on joining in for a while. Somehow Friday would come and I just wouldn't have my act together.

Imagine that.

Today is different. Not the having my act together part.

Here are five of my favorite things from this week.

1. Today is the first day of Spring which makes me just giddy. Even though Mama told me on the phone yesterday how beautiful the azaleas are in South Georgia and how, "bless my heart" I can't see them this year.

Sigh.

The good thing (see, I can see the glass half full) is that I may not be able to see the lovely things bloom but I also don't have to pressure wash my porch.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, indulge me for a moment. Pine pollen forms a blanket of yellow snow that you don't want to make a snowman with nor, ya know, eat. The only way to clean your porch is to wash it off which just makes a yellow sludge. It's lovely and wonderful for the allergies.

So, I'll avoid the pollen while in New Mexico and just enjoy the neighbor's daffodils.

2. Today is the day my in-laws and sweet niece arrive. My niece has a basket of books waiting for her, some new and some passed along, and a cuddly something for her to squeeze. That's all I'm saying because she may read this before she arrives. She's only two but she is smart as a whip.

3. Popsicles. My daughter loves them and this weather just begs for a popsicle after school. I found a new variety which I think may become a favorite- Breyer's Pure Fruit Berry Swirls.

4. Bible Study. I am part of a wonderful group of ladies meeting each week and focusing on the Word. We meet for only an hour but the study is pure "meat." No fluff. Just good stuff. We pray and lift each other up. It is great to be among women who are seeking to honor God.

5. Bunnies. I love them. Spring gives me an excuse to love them even more.

What was your week's Fave Five? Be sure to visit Susanne and share!

8 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Love the list, my friend. There is a chemical called Colophony which I am so allergic to that I blistered when they put it on me. In it's purest essence, it's the resin from pine trees. So glad I don't have to deal with PINE POLLEN like snow here. Thank you, Jesus, and I mean that!

Anonymous said...

Great list. They have bunnies for sale at a local farm supply store, and I too love them... I was sorely tempted to buy one.

Thanks for joining in!

Karyn said...

Welcome.....I enjoyed reading your list.

My hubby and I lived in Louisiana for the winter of 07/08. The yellow pollen blanket was a big surprise to us! I did not know it was pine pollen, though. Thanks for that bit of info.

Brenda said...

Sounds like a great week, Spring is always such a time of hope.

Jerralea said...

Glad you can enjoy your neighbor's daffodils. That's looking on the bright side!

Hope you have a wonderful visit with your niece. I'd sure like to have a toddler to read to! I miss that ...

The Correspondent said...

Welcome to Friday's Fave Five, Melanie!

Amen to all of your faves -- I loved reading your list! I'll have to look for those Breyer's Pure Fruit Berry Swirls.

Off to dig out the pressure washer ...

Susanne said...

Hey, yay! You've made it!

Well, I learned something new. I had no idea that pine trees had pollen.

Nothing is blooming here yet. Not even the daffodils.

I love my my ladies group too.

Willow said...

Welcome to Fave Five! Enjoy the daffodils. Aren't they the most joyful flowers?

Out here in the West, we have bunnies all over, wild, eating our gardens. You may have the one that is eating my calla lily leaves (yes, truly!).